PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Virgins!

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
15th Sep 2005, 12:03
Hi

Would someone be kind enough to let me know what the current selection procedure is for DEP's? :D

I have spent literally hours searching the threads and there is quite a lot of conflicting information. :(

Many thanks

Ballast!;)

scroggs
16th Sep 2005, 06:43
Really? What conflicting information? It's been covered many times, and I haven't seen anyone getting it wildly wrong. If you're really struggling to understand it, though, it goes something like this:

You apply to Virgin Atlantic, either by sending in your CV or (preferably) via the online form on their website.

They (hopefully) acknowlege your application and confirm whether or not your qualifications are acceptable.

You wait. Probably a long time.

You get invited to interview.

You attend the interview, which involves some exams (tech, personality, verbal reasoning) and the interview itself.

If you are successful, you enter the hold pool and wait (a long time again) to be informed of a course date. If you are not, you don't.

That's about it. Hope this helps!

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
16th Sep 2005, 11:28
Thanks Scroggs it does:ok:

16th Sep 2005, 23:06
Sorry Scroggs didnt quite get the first bit. Can you say it again please;)

scroggs
17th Sep 2005, 07:26
Ok.....

oh, sod it! :p :E

BigGeordie
17th Sep 2005, 08:12
Wot, no sim ride?

scroggs
17th Sep 2005, 10:56
No. As we only take people with several thousand flying hours to their credit already, we make the risky judgement that they can probably fly OK.

sikeano
17th Sep 2005, 11:47
so the company is virgin in name only they prefer pilots with thousands of hours hmmm never thought about that
:p

Danny
17th Sep 2005, 17:22
Trust me it can cause embarrasement. I'm downroute in LAX at the moment and we have just moved to a new hotel. First time here and I went off looking for somewhere to have breakfast. Found a diner just around the corner from the hotel. There is a memo in the hotel tellingus about various discounts available for Virgin crew and that local businesses were interested in giving discounts too.

So, I'm in the diner and I ask the waiter if there is "any Virgin discount?". I get a strange look and he tells me that he doesn't care about my sexual experience level but nice try anyway!

It always helps to think a bit more before engaging mouth to brain. Mind you, jet lag doesn't help!

Anyway, back to the topic, Scroggs has, as usual, defined the requirements for joining Virgin as a pilot for the umpteenth time. It's all here in the various threads and one day I hope we will gather it all and condense it into a handy publication that you can all use without having to repeat the question so many times. Thanks Scroggs. :ok:

N Arslow
17th Sep 2005, 17:58
Nice one Danny! I had to get to work by taxi the other day - jumped in wearing my grow bag and dragging navbag, helmet etc. with me and off we went, wipers working overtime to clear the windscreen of UK Summer's finest. I say "Looks like I will spend most of the day sat on the ground". Had to laugh at myself when the reply came back - "You will have a f$*&*^g wet ar$e then!"

Completely off the thread, sorry. Bye.

colmac747
17th Sep 2005, 18:01
Does this mean Jet Blast can get this topic now?:p ;)

scroggs
18th Sep 2005, 14:19
No. Just don't go there. Really, I mean it.

Oh well, on your head be it....:}

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
18th Sep 2005, 15:30
Sorry I unfurled my fingers!!:ouch: