PDA

View Full Version : BA DEP - any news anyone?

Hap
15th Sep 2005, 11:51
Well, having had my brain fried at Cranebank on the 12th, I haven't heard anything since.

Naturally, I'm assuming the worst but I was wondering if anyone else had had the good news. It seemed like a pretty good gang on the day, so surely someone got through!

jettesen
15th Sep 2005, 11:53
Whats DEP? might be able to help

busflyer
15th Sep 2005, 12:31
Does anyone have a phone number for BA recruitment?

I completed the online BA application form about 1 week, but still heard nothing back. I have around 2000hrs total time, with approx 500hrs on the 320.

How long does it take for them to respond? and what's the notice period given prior to the interview?

Thanks.

The Greaser
15th Sep 2005, 12:51
If I remember correctly it normally takes about 2 weeks after submitting the application to hearing about interview, so I wouldn't go calling anyone just yet or they may tear your application up.

Hap
15th Sep 2005, 13:08
After I sent my application, I heard in just a few days. I have no idea how that part of the process works. (Perhaps, by luck, I submitted my application on the day before the next "applications review meeting" or whatever. Who knows)

They sent me an email telling me my application had been successful and gave me a web link to follow. From here, I was able to choose my assessment date from a set of available dates, about 6 weeks in advance.

trietwentie
15th Sep 2005, 13:32
After filling out the online application it took 8 working days for me to get a reply.
After the first day, I heard from them on the 2nd working day after.
After the sim, I heard from them on the 2nd working day after.
After sending out the medical questionnaire over 9 working days, I haven't heard from them yet...

Keeping the faith

T.

wobble2plank
15th Sep 2005, 14:41
HAP,

Don't get your knickers in a twist just yet. BA has a new system where only those who would be expected to Sim check the day after are phoned after the interview. Normally that would go to the Long Haul ZFT 777 guys.

The rest of the results are discussed at the weekly meeting, normally held on a Friday with the ring around beginning on that day.

So, all hope is not lost :-D

Good luck

Hap
15th Sep 2005, 16:47
Well, BA have put me out of my misery, via email. Better luck next year eh!!?

It seems a shame they can't give me any feedback though. Perhaps it was the ryanair sticker on my flightbag that did it :)

Dozza2k
15th Sep 2005, 17:47
don't fret.

it took 2 days after interview day to hear, and two weeks before I heard the results of my sim check.
then again, other people hear the day after in both cases.

No news is good news and all that

Megaton
15th Sep 2005, 18:05
I think it varies quite a lot. I was told I'd passed day one about 45 mins after I'd left Cranebank. Sim next morning and phone call to say I was successful about a week later. I believe it depends whereabouts you fall in their recruiting cycle. I understand they have fortnightly meetings to discuss applicants and board them for fleets so if you're lucky you might hear straight away otherwise it might be weeks.

flying_saucepan
17th Sep 2005, 21:48
Hey hap, sorry to hear, I was there too on the 12th. Got the email indeed on a fridaymorning. Too bad there isn't any feedback, would like to know which part(s) I failed. so see you there again sept 12 2006? ;)

cheerio,

P-T-Gamekeeper
3rd Oct 2005, 11:49
I was there on 12 Sep, and just had the good news today! I am in the hold pool awaiting course allocation. Good luck to those still waiting - I have been a nervous wreck for weeks!

My sim buddy also got in, which is great news.