PDA

View Full Version : vote now

stikker
24th Jan 2001, 04:40
i believe its time the operators of this site offer the heli community a more comprehensive service like that offered to the drivers that strap planks on every day starting with a operator specific type forum

please post you vote below yes/no

helidrvr
24th Jan 2001, 05:14
can you be a bit more specific?

------------------
You are welcome to visit HELIDRVR here (http://www.helidrvr.homestead.com)

rotorque
24th Jan 2001, 08:37
Nah.

A bit of catch 22. Post to vote no, or not vote to make it go away.

SPS
24th Jan 2001, 12:39
I vote for Al Gore...Is it too late?

Do you mean they have finally sorted out who is to rule us?

stikker
24th Jan 2001, 14:39
vote yes for a better service, we are always looking to what the planks have. they have there own forums why can't we .

stikker
24th Jan 2001, 16:21
this is a public forum and will never reach its full potential as a result, most pilots are introverts and will not discuss issues that affect them in public

Pat Gerard
24th Jan 2001, 17:01
Well, I do......If and when I have to.
Also, everybody can know who I am.....
Who are you? How can we know if you are part of the heli community yourself?

[This message has been edited by Pat Gerard (edited 24 January 2001).]

Andy Lauretani
24th Jan 2001, 19:04
Transparency in the world of 'PRUNING' - unheard of.

It might be useful to have different areas such as:
1. Flight safety and CRM
2. Flying General
3. Techno spot
4. Onshore
5. Emergency Services
6. Offshore
7. "General George" - an anything goes section

If only to tidy the Rotorhead arena up a bit. It would allow new and experienced PRUNING to go directly to an area of interest

Just a thought?

jayteeto
25th Jan 2001, 01:45
Most pilots are introverts????? I think not old chappie. The RAF (sorry) has regular tests for aircrew, almost to a man the results are the same. Stable Extrovert. Most of the pilots I know, Mil & Civ, fit that bracket. If there is something to say, it is said, no hiding. Why go for private forums?? What on earth could you say on a private forum (where everyone knows who you are) that couldn't be said in public? If you feel inferior, get a fixed wing licence and throw your (H) away. You are the weakest link, Goodbye!!

chopperman
25th Jan 2001, 01:56
'Stable Extrovert?' Never heard of that one before. Is a stable extrovert an unstable introvert?

ShyTorque
25th Jan 2001, 08:28
Guess who hasn't done his CRM course yet then?

Thomas coupling
26th Jan 2001, 20:08
Agree with jayteeto. Keep it public. If we went 'private' we'd have 3 people visit the 407 forum, 15 visit the general forum and 2 million visit the R22 forum!
Don't touch it if it ain't broken!

http://www.gograph.com/Images-7298/AnimatedGif/redstar.gif

------------------
Thermal runaway.

Pac Rotors
28th Jan 2001, 13:13
I think its great as is. Allows us to visit all topics in one hit without having to go to various sections within the forum.

I agree with ye above who said that some sections will get three visits and others a heck of a lot more.

Mushy
30th Jan 2001, 05:04
I agree that "Proffesional Helicopter Pilots" should have their own Forum without denying "Wannabes" their freedom of speech - or the "Anoraks" for that matter. I have just spent a fruitless hour trying to find some meaningfull information about our industry in the UK only to have wade through a morass of R22 postings and Rotary Principles of Flight, both of which seem to merit their owm forum. Please Mr Moderator can you bring some sense of order to this forum?

SPS
30th Jan 2001, 15:13
Mushy - Visit www.helicopterpilots (http://www.helicopterpilots) guide.com
if you're interested. Hope it suits.

SPS

Night Sun
30th Jan 2001, 15:21
Most company (BHL/Scotia) pilots are unlikely to discuss specific issues that affect them in a private forum either. We can do that at work.

Leave Rotorheads alone. If you split it up nobody will use it.

'Well, I do......If and when I have to.
Also, everybody can know who I am.....
Who are you? How can we know if you are part of the heli community yourself?'

Patrick, I think it's wonderful that you feel free to identify yourself to this forum and to the world. I can see you now on Shetland waving the Tricolour and singing 'La Marseillaise' with a big red strobe on your head shouting "C'est moi, c'est moi!". You are a beacon of hope and a symbol of strength to the rest of the cowering individuals too afraid of recrimination to take the great step that you have. Go with peace and serve the world O Great One. Now kindly shut the f*%k up about it.

Thanks,
Night Sun :)