PDA

View Full Version : Movers

Eagle 270
14th Sep 2005, 22:04
Is this site for real or is it just a wind up?

Movers site (http://www.rafmovs.com/cpgn/index.php)

I would imagine Persec issues are not a major problem within the movers world?

Melchett01
14th Sep 2005, 22:19
Is this site for real or is it just a wind up?

Just tried the link - said it couldn't find the site.

So it must be the movers!:E

Eagle 270
14th Sep 2005, 22:22
:D :D

Type in rafmovs.com into google. I doubt it will last the week though! :ok:

14th Sep 2005, 23:08
Its real alright. Just been there, but when the banter got too harsh for them it went down for maintenance.........Ho Ho Ho

P.s Callaways are really expensive.

Eagle 270
14th Sep 2005, 23:18
Will the real 3850 please stand up!! :ok:

14th Sep 2005, 23:22
Who is Gees-es?

Callaways are really expensive.

Echo 5
15th Sep 2005, 06:50
" Type in rafmovs.com into google. I doubt it will last the week though! "

If this is the same one then it's lasted longer than a week. Note the date of my post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Echo 5

posted 17th April 2004 06:28

Just received an Email advising me of a new website <www.rafmovs.com>. Should be interesting to see how it develops.

E5.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VP8
15th Sep 2005, 09:34
Still down for maintenance!!:E

VEEPS

15th Sep 2005, 09:39
It just go to show the movers even manage to mess this one up. Its probably down for maintenance because a mover has driven a forklift into the site whilst trying to load to it and damaged it!!!!!

No not us it was the other shift:ok:

diginagain
15th Sep 2005, 09:58
Perhaps the brave lads who weighed in last night are busy applying nose-cone paint to their toe-caps, just in case Harry Staish invites them round for a chat.;)

Talking Radalt
15th Sep 2005, 10:16
Well I tried to get on the site last night and it was "Down for maintenance"...
....so I sat here and waited, not the most comfrotable chair in the world, although whilst I waited I did browse the BBC News 24 website with the volume turned down. After around two hours I tried again but the site was still "down for maintenance" with no further explanation so I decided to go get a coffee. Run out of milk.
Tried again, still "Down for maintenance".
"This is ridiculous" thinks I but I make myself as comfortable as possible on my less than comfortable chair. To pass the time I browsed the British Army website with the volume turned up to 11, and listened to how brave and derring do they all are and how so-and so's a c**t - whether I was interested or not. Also found yesterday's Telegraph webpage but some bu66er had already done the crossword.
Still no word from Movers R Us website.
Starting to get a bit weary now so I tried to log on again to Mover R Us to find out if they expected to be on-line "this evening" or if I'd be better off logging off, after all, I live quite close to my PC so by the time their site is up and running again, a mate of mine who is staying logged-on all night can give me a call and I can be straight back at my PC in double quick time. But still nothing from the Movers. Should've done what some other chap did and simply bu66ered off to the Travelodge website down the road.
So instead I sat here all night, I've now had enough coffee to float Ark Royal, I've not really slept properly and I'm now in need of a shower or even just a quick go at a sink.
Fecking starving hungry now too.
But still no word from the Movers.

Pretty accurate website if you ask me! :ok:

Data-Lynx
15th Sep 2005, 11:05
Agree with Talking Radalt.

I must applaud every effort to improve the flow of information on the obscure science of ‘moving’ by AT. Popularity confirms the best Web sites as those that plan their requirements carefully; using simple business processes, valid links and the latest information. Implementation may be in phases but, generally, a good website does not go live until the first phase of design and information is ready for publishing.

Websites like PPruNe prosper because its information reflects the ethos of its contributors, readers and their interests. It passes the acid rest of ‘What’s in it for Me’. So let us apply that test to http://www.rafmovs.com/.

While I regret I am not sure what the R*Index might do, I recognise both the picture and the instruction: “Please wait a few seconds while www.rafmovs.com loads”. Before the reader has time to think, he/she is whisked off eagerly to a new page and another message: “Sorry the website is deactivated for maintenance. We should be back shortly”. This is a shame but there is a “Go Back” button. This takes you back to the original page – but, within moments, its technology dumps the unfortunate reader back into the Maintenance page.

So let me get this right. A mover gives me a sneak preview of an aircraft that is probably ready to roll but then sends me somewhere else to an area that is not working properly and where I cannot see any activity. The mover "should be back shortly", but I do not know who or when. If I try another look at the aircraft, I am returned unceremoniously into the waiting area, in some kind of permanent loop, and no one can tell me what is going on. Sounds familiar!

This site cannot be a wind up and this may be the finished product – it is far too close to this reader’s perception of what makes BZZ (and the Mounting Base that cannot be named) tick.

diginagain
15th Sep 2005, 11:35
They're back online, having found the mains socket, ready for round 2, although they're rather reluctant to take messages from 'Guests'.

Talking Radalt
15th Sep 2005, 11:57
Jeeezzz......
Went and had a look. I was right, should've ignored it last night and buggered off.
Nothing but "We love us" ramblings and anti-aircrew venom.
Waste of bandwidth. :(

15th Sep 2005, 12:14
Its true you have to register now. They will review your registration and let you know. Obviously are afraid of real banter from the people they hate so much.

Security isnt that good on the site either. I know many of the movers whose names are mentioned. Photo's aswell. Good move chaps!!!!!

P.s I dont think that the WO from Gib would be very happy if he knew that his name is all over the website.

diginagain
15th Sep 2005, 12:33
It does seem odd that despite repeated warnings from a number of posters, PERSEC remains an alien concept. ;)

Talking Radalt
15th Sep 2005, 12:47
Digin,
There are a great many things that remain an alien concept to the Movements branch. :hmm:

diginagain
15th Sep 2005, 12:52
I think between PPRuNe, ArRSe, and TG18, they're just about covered.:E

15th Sep 2005, 17:57
This is a quote from a civilian ramp agent (Mover) describing his RAF counterparts.

"But unlike TG 18 (Movs), civilian handling agents provide many more services than just flinging bags around."

Whoops. Home goal I fear:ok:

Wycombe
15th Sep 2005, 18:21
No, just being honest, which if you had met the guy would be no surprise.

Still....a far cry from when I remember him as "the one man pallet building machine" at BZZ during GW1 :D

Nice to see he has returned to his Scottish roots (and escaped the remains of HMFC).

Lots of pictures of a well-known BZZ WO (yeh, y'know y'know) also - thought he'd retired years ago.

As an aside, thought Geri H had bigger t!ts than that ;)

Talking Radalt
15th Sep 2005, 18:43
As an aside, thought Geri H had bigger t!ts than that

Is that anyway to talk about the Movers in the photo? :E

opso
15th Sep 2005, 23:31
I didn't realise Prince Harry (http://www.rafmovs.com/cpgn/index.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=6&pos=58) was a mover...

16 blades
16th Sep 2005, 03:56
OOh, bit tetchy on that site, aren't they?

Registration only takes a few minutes and all that is required is a valid email address that is not from a free host (i.e. hotmail, yahoo, etc.). Anybody registering with a free host will be declined. Anybody not responding to an authentication email will also be declined.

This caught my interest:
Few months back had 1 herc into DXB with crew and 2 movs. The crew departed to hotel leaving 2 mams (Mark T plus one) to guard the aircraft. The last week said herc returned twice with no mams guesses for how many crew stayed onto guard ?????
I happen to know some of the crew involved. Apparently it was an unplanned stop, and the movers volunteered to guard. Or so I was told...

Also - very, VERY silly using a) People's real names, and b) posting photos of people, together with their real names.

Have a word with yourselves, muppets....

16B

Talking Radalt
16th Sep 2005, 07:38
I didn't realise Prince Harry was a mover...
...or the Dale Winton Fan Club (http://www.rafmovs.com/cpgn/index.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=6&pos=49) for that matter.

Very suspect. :ooh:

Come to think of it, Movers.com is whole new box of ammunition for the caption competition......

Club class RAFMOVS styleeeeeeeeeee! (http://www.rafmovs.com/cpgn/index.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=6&pos=42)

dionysius
16th Sep 2005, 09:24
You guys obviously have too much time on your hands..........

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471654655/002-4208220-9714414?v=glance

:ok: :E

Talking Radalt
16th Sep 2005, 14:18
...and then maybe read this (http://www.answers.com/topic/self-importance) :E

Always_broken_in_wilts
16th Sep 2005, 14:50
Tried to join......they wont let me in.........cant think why:E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Mobile Muppet
16th Sep 2005, 14:55
Perhaps because your an ARRSE ;-)

diginagain