PDA

View Full Version : OSL to AAR

PAXboy
14th Sep 2005, 21:51
Hi folks, I'm a regular PPRuNer but not in this forum before.

In early January '06, probably 3rd, I need to make the above journey. I see that Sun-Air do this in a J31.

The question I have can only be answered in general terms. On that short sector, given the low ceiling of the J31, what sort of weather conditions are likely at that time of the year? I am an experienced traveller and have no concern about turbo props (many journeys) but am susceptible to turbulence.

It can be very bad for me and, if this sector is likely to more than average 'lumps and bumps' then I would probably go to CPH in a 73 and take the train from there to Arhus. I know that seems extreme but that is how my life is.

Thanks for your help on this.

tagdenmedro
16th Sep 2005, 12:05
Hi there

fl150 would be the normal level for that flight, and I woulden´t worry about turbulence there.

cheers

PAXboy
17th Sep 2005, 00:59
Thanks for that. So, at that time of the year, it will as smooth as on a spring day? :cool:

Bengt Engel
18th Sep 2005, 11:30
nice weather in scandi that time of year, cold and calm....could be foggy in both OSL and AAR, but you should not have to worry about turbulence...

B.

PAXboy
18th Sep 2005, 20:35
Fabbo!! Many thanks.

Bad-Man
19th Sep 2005, 07:53
Bengt Engel writes: "nice weather in scandi that time of year, cold and calm....could be foggy in both OSL and AAR, but you should not have to worry about turbulence..."

Well, no worries unless we get a storm like the one January 8. 2005.
Closed airports, many diversions, - uprooted trees, - damaged buildings, and possibly a bit of turbulence.

Have fun
B

PAXboy
19th Sep 2005, 20:27
Hhmmm, I see Bad-Man that you have a reputation to live up to in your name?? :hmm:

Well, if the weather was looking that bad - I would simply not board and pay the penalty for travelling another day. I have done that before!

Bengt Engel
20th Sep 2005, 17:56
well Bad-Man...

If you get the type of storm with trees flyin' around, I dont think I would go anywhere in an airplane, active, or as a passenger...:}

maybe we should get a local in AAR to judge the weather, to be on the safe side...:E

OscarYankee
20th Sep 2005, 19:18
Just be aware that due to the vegetation around EKAH the final approach can often be a bit bumpy. At least thats what I have experienced every time, although in a smaller plane than the j31.

Bad-Man
20th Sep 2005, 19:21
Bengt
You are right, - my flight was also cancelled during the January storm.
In my 35 years + of flying I have seen all kinds of WX, incuding turbulence, - sometimes .
Don't give promises You can't keep.
B

apioca
21st Sep 2005, 14:20
EZ are getting rather a lot of Doniers (328TP and 328JET) - so by january time they might be flying the route