PDA

View Full Version : Global Express F/O

sixfeetabove
14th Sep 2005, 19:17
Hello!

I have a GLEX TR and I wonder if operators use the help of a freelancer once in a while. What would the daily rate then be?

I know that Qatar Airways is operating a GLEX but don't know nothing about their Global operation. How is working on the BD700 for them? Salary?

Latte tester
16th Sep 2005, 11:18
I would suggest that you get your name out there...find addresses and names of the Chief Pilot of companies that have Globals and send them your CV with covering letter. There are a couple of crewing companies out there that have a pretty good hold on the freelancer market and for you to 'jump in' might be difficult.
Regarding daily rate, that really depends on your experience on the GLEX and what you can negotiate. I have heard of some really good daily rates and I've heard of some Pilots 'prostituting themselves' just to get flying time.
Good luck :ok:

sixfeetabove
16th Sep 2005, 19:13
Latte tester, thank you!

You will help me a lot if you could PM give me some names of crewing agencies as well as flight departments. Are you talking about agencies like Parc, Rishworth and co? Because I think they only do airline people.

Regarding addresses of flight departments, I find it quiet hard to get contact details. I know that there are some BD700s out there but who owns and operates them??? TAG, Jetaviation, Privatair, GlobalJetLux, Execujet are the names I know. And yes, DaimlerChrysler, TyroleanJetService. To one of these companies I wonŽt apply because I already work for them... ;-)

Cheers, IŽll have a cappucino now...

Will Rogers
17th Sep 2005, 08:57
Try www.acass.ca

They do a lot of GLEX contract work and seem to be short of pilots most of the time. From what I hear it seems to be a good outfit.

Good luck!

Will :)