PDA

View Full Version : doing PPL in Russia?

wbryce
14th Sep 2005, 11:34
Hello,

I have a friend moving to Russia with a desire to fly those expensive wind generators :D

I only really have knowledge in fixed wing so do not know if a PPL H can be obtained from Russia. He will be living around the Moscow area. Does anyone know any information on which I can pass down to him? i.e. costs, type of ac, converting back to JAR PPL etc...

thanks in advance,

alouette
14th Sep 2005, 18:47
He could probably do the PPL H at the MI factory on an MI-2. A friend of mine did that a few years ago. Let me see what can dig out on that matter. Check ur PM in the next few days:ok:

Cheers, Alouette

Heliport
14th Sep 2005, 19:25
PM? :confused:

Why not post whatever information you dig out here in the forum so that everyone can read it, and refer to it in the future?

We now have a huge information database - built up from posts by members writing on all sorts of topics. It's very useful as a source of reference.

Heliport

Ned-Air2Air
14th Sep 2005, 20:25
Go to Aviamarkets website. They are the Russian distributor for Bell and Robinson, and from what I understand have a training side as well.

www.vertolet.ru

Talk to Anna there and her direct email is as follows:

[email protected]

Tell her Ned from Heli Ops said to get in touch and she will help you with whatever you need.

Cheers.

Ned

hemac
14th Sep 2005, 22:19
wbryce

If you manage to find any info could you post it on here please.
I would be interested to know the situation re cost, etc.

Thanks

H.

alouette
15th Sep 2005, 07:58
No probs...will post info on the board:ok:

tecpilot
15th Sep 2005, 09:14
Ned-Air2Air,

www.vertolet.ru

going through their homepage i couldn't find an advice to the instruction language? But only 60h theoretical instruction doesn't meet western standards. Prices i also couldn't find. But it seems to be " nedaleko ot moskvui" that's ok. (57km) :) :) :)

wbryce
15th Sep 2005, 09:45
thanks for the information,

I have sent an email to the address Ned provided, If I receive any information by PM, email or find any information by research I will be happy to post the information here.

I can only read/speak English so I can't extract much information from a website in the Russian lanuage.

Further information is always welcome!

hemac
15th Sep 2005, 10:42
I can only read/speak English

You're doing better than most Ppruners then!

H.:O