PDA

View Full Version : If i go in the Bermuda Triangle?

philip2004uk
14th Sep 2005, 08:41
So should i go to bermuda? how come people go there if people dissappear.
What is it all about anyway no-one seems to be bothered and there isn't much news on stuff that dissappear.
This is a serious question though it might not sound it so people who will say what a stupid question try not to type it.

18-Wheeler
14th Sep 2005, 09:53
What is it all about anyway no-one seems to be bothered and there isn't much news on stuff that dissappear.

'Cause it's bovine excrement.
Media fiction.

aviate1138
14th Sep 2005, 10:15
There is no such thing, other than fiction.

Ask any Insurance Company for a quote for the Bermuda Triangle area and they laugh out loud.

If there was any significant increase in claims they would be the first to scream. Erase any thought from your mind that thinks the Bermuda Triangle exists in scary, conspiracy theory, monsters of the deep form.

It may sell magazines but it is utter bilge.

Simply do not believe any scare stories in magazines and newspapers.

Have a nice day and enjoy Bermuda. :)

Aviate1138

SLFguy
14th Sep 2005, 10:21
Methane Hydrates

Old Smokey
14th Sep 2005, 10:57
If i go in the Bermuda Triangle?.........You'll have a 99.99999999% chance of coming out again. The .00000001% chance that you won't applies anywhere on earth.

Um, is this a send-up?:confused:

Regards,

Old Smokey

Dave Gittins
14th Sep 2005, 12:08
My brother worked in Hamilton for a couple of years and he came back OK. My mother used to fly there from Manchester direct to visit him and she is still with us.

Mind you I haven't seen any of the BA Tristars she used to go on lately - so perhaps there is something in it.

:confused: DGG

philip2004uk
14th Sep 2005, 12:32
When was the last incident of people disapearing if it was before the 1900's then i would have beleived it anyway. whereas if it was recently then i would expect searches.

SLFguy
14th Sep 2005, 12:37
I smell a JB forum hijack... any guesses who the poster might be?

philip2004uk
14th Sep 2005, 12:51
wtf's a jb hijack:O

Maude Charlee
14th Sep 2005, 19:13
Is it Barry Manilow's new album?

WTF
14th Sep 2005, 19:48
wtf's a jb hijack I don't understand the need to ask me personally, but I believe it's when JBers "raid" another forum. Supposedly Onan organises one every now and then? :uhoh:

tony draper
14th Sep 2005, 20:27
Sailed through the Bermuda Triange dozens of times, but we did not know it was called the Bermuda Triangle then so we were ok.
:rolleyes:

Romeo Charlie
14th Sep 2005, 20:27
This reminds me of sketch shown in the late, great, Spike Milligans Q5......

Bermuda Triangle disappears in Bermuda Triangle.........

Darth Nigel
14th Sep 2005, 20:40
According to a tv show that I watched about a year ago...

There is no higher incidence of insurance claims made for lost shipping/aircraft in the "Bermuda Triangle" than in other areas of ocean across the world. Ditto for the various other spooky areas of the world (except perhaps my basement, into which things disappear never to be seen again).

So have a blast and don't worry.

DN

henry crun
14th Sep 2005, 21:54
philip2004uk: Don't listen to these people telling you it is BS, they are part of the conspiracy.

Just think about it, how many people in the world go missing each year ?

The answer is millions, and where do they go ? into the Bermuda is where, and they are never seen again.

pigboat
15th Sep 2005, 00:58
Actually, triangle is somewhat of a misnomer. It's really more oval shaped, so it really should be called The Bermuda Lozenge.

AntiCrash
15th Sep 2005, 03:40
Many years ago I took out my trusty sailboat with thirteen souls aboard. Out we ventured from Fort Lauderdale, far out of sight from land, and drink whiskey on the way we did. At the appointed moment we all dropped trow and mooned the [email protected] triangle or losenge, we did.

Nothing Happened! Now what self respecting spookey phenonoma could ignore a tasty treat as that? It's all bollocks!

Er, I did come back didn't I? Is this what's on the other side? Oh no! I scared myself.:ooh:

Farrell
15th Sep 2005, 04:10
Nahhhh Philip is cool.

He just needs to keep himself in check a bit more before he asks anymore mental questions.....

you can find him at one of the airport newsagents - and you should stop and say hi to him.

In fact Philip - why don't you go but a Pprune t-shirt and then we can all know who you are when we visit.

:ok:

philip2004uk
16th Sep 2005, 19:57
Erm i don't work in a newsagent and im mentally fine ta

SyllogismCheck
16th Sep 2005, 20:31
Is a 'Bermuda triangle' anything like a 'Brazilian strip'? :confused:

If so, there's absolutely no reason to be afraid of going down into it. :p

Jerricho
16th Sep 2005, 21:41
Erm i don't work in a newsagent and im mentally fine

I thought we had talked about this Phil.

Buster Hyman
16th Sep 2005, 23:16
Hey, when you're down there, can you tell Elvis I picked up his dry cleaning, but they couldn't get the ketchup stain out!:ok:

twilightsglow
16th Sep 2005, 23:29
Is a 'Bermuda triangle' anything like a 'Brazilian strip'?
No, because the Brazilian strip is cultivated.

However, it is possible to lose your way in the more unkempt variety. :=

Burnt Fishtrousers
16th Sep 2005, 23:33
Why does everyone get worked up about the Bermuda Triangle for god sake. We all know we have the domestic equivalent in our washing machines...you put 4 pairs of socks in and your lucky if 7 socks come out!....yet weve seen no documentaries about this domestic phenomena.....

WhatsaLizad?
17th Sep 2005, 04:23
40% of my paycheck has disappeared of the last three years I have operated routinely through the area as an AA pilot, so I have no reason to believe that the rumors of Satanic/Alien behavior are untrue.:}

RJM
17th Sep 2005, 04:34
Simple, reflexive word association, I'm afraid. Bored, bored...

There was a young man from Bermuda
Who liked his prude nude when he wooed her
The prude thought it rude
To be wooed in the nude
But the man from Bermuda was shrewder he scr*wed her

Farrell
17th Sep 2005, 05:01
Sorry philip, I meant shop.

El Grifo
17th Sep 2005, 09:44
I have a mate who has a large business interest in England and a very small business interest in Bermuda.

He has managed make hundreds of thousands disappear.

Oddly enough, they finally show up IN Bermuda !!

:cool: :} :cool:

chuks
17th Sep 2005, 13:03
My last job in the States was flying charters out of Miami International Airport to, mostly, the Bahamas. That means criss-crossing The Bermuda Triangle.

If you stop to think about it, the area in question has lots of water and very little land. Get it wrong and you are likely to be left swimming until the sharks get you, so no big mystery there at all, really. E. von Daneken simply worked up a book from every incident he could come up with that sold very well. If he had taken an objective approach then there would have been no 'thrill factor' to make his book sell.

I used to get these tourists coming off a 727 who would walk down to the H Concourse for their flight on Pro Air International Airlines to find... me. Often a bit of theatre would ensue.

I would be sat there working the desk, trying to reel in casual customers while waiting for scheduled trips in our exclusive fleet of Beech Travel Airs, a Baron 55, a Piper Aztec D and a Cessna 402A, all distinguished by a certain patina of use. Well, you could say that they looked like crap, but that would be unkind.

So up would roll the happy gang of anesthetised tourists, already well-oiled from their trip from Topeka to MIA. I would get their money, file a flight plan, take their bags to sling them down a sort of big laundry chute, ask them to follow me down the stairs, pick up the bags and haul them out to the aircraft, followed closely by this small group who may never have been on a small aircraft in their lives.

'Do you have to wind it up to make it fly?' was the usual frequently-asked question, followed by, 'Are you going to be our stewardess? Hyuk-yuk-yuk!'

'No, I am the pilot. Please board the aircraft.'

As we cleared Miami Beach with all that vast expanse of blue water coming into view, came the next question, 'Who is controlling this flight?' since they had noticed a rather complete lack of radio chatter once we cleared the Miami Control Zone.

'I am.'

'Uuuh, they are watching us on radar, aren't they?'

'There is no radar coverage in the Bahamas.'

'Wh-what about this Bermuda Triangle, then?'

If this crowd had been especially obnoxious then I would just reply, 'We are in it,' when I could then have a nice, quiet ride out to Treasure Cay, say.

Otherwise I would take a few minutes to point out the simple fact of miles and miles of water, easy to vanish in should anything go wrong, so that there was no real mystery to any disappearances there. Then I would tell them that here we had two engines (leaving out the fact that this old clunker needed both of them to stay in the air, usually) so that there was no real risk.

Even that much-publicised incident of the flight of Navy aircraft that vanished in The Bermuda Triangle, when everything from alien abduction to a simple, gross navigational error was posited... they finally found the wreckage of those aircraft about where they should have been if they had got badly lost.

There is one phenomenon alluded to here, when gases might come bubbling up off the sea floor to cause a ship to sink very suddenly, that might indeed cause some mysterious disappearances. But that is another story...

RaraAvis
17th Sep 2005, 15:12
Is a 'Bermuda triangle' anything like a 'Brazilian strip'?
If so, there's absolutely no reason to be afraid of going down into it.
Hmmm... there are persistent rumors of disappearances into the 'Bermuda Triangle', none so far have been reported involving the 'Brazilian Strip'... :hmm::p

Binoculars
17th Sep 2005, 16:06
NURSE!!!!! Phillip needs his medication now!!!!

Jerricho
17th Sep 2005, 18:51
To quote young Philip (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2032160#post2032160)

:E