PDA

View Full Version : Medical Emercency in Madagascar

rjsquirrel
13th Sep 2005, 16:48
I am relaying this for a friend whose relative is in trouble:

"Need help from you world travelers out there. Does anyone have any knowledge or contacts for a helicopter operator in Madagascar? I have a relative on a research trip in a remote part of that country in need of medical assistance. Her family is able to contact her periodically via satellite phone and knows she is working her way (hiking) to the nearest airfield which is still a day away. She then needs to get to the capitol of the country for medical treatment. If you have any information I will pass it on to her family. I have searched the internet somewhat but have not come up with anything yet."

Please PM me with the names of any companies who operate in Madagascar. Thanks!

Spunk
13th Sep 2005, 18:22
Don't get me wrong...

Somebody is in need of medical help and considers that she will need a helicopter for quick transportation because of her physical situation???

The same person holds a satellite phone which she uses to call her relatives instead of medical assistance???

Shouldn't she be using it to maybe set up an emergency call initiated by the three magic words starting with a capital M???

Don't be shy. If you have the money for helicopter transportation in the second place you might as well call for professional help right away before the situation gets worse.

If I'm all mistaken try this:
HeliMission in Madagascar (http://www.helimission.ch/pages/kontakte.htm#USA)

rjsquirrel
13th Sep 2005, 19:20
Spunk,

Thanks for the lead, my friend is calling them right now. The relative was attacked by wild dogs while in the bush, and is walking out with help. The Park service launched a vehicle, but the helo will be quite a bit better. I will keep you posted!

RJ

Aviator609
13th Sep 2005, 19:56
Sent you more info. I need to forward you an email with doctors details, please pm me an e-mail address.