PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to get an aerial photograph of an area of 75 km in a small plane?

wheelbay
13th Sep 2005, 11:50
is it possible to get an aerial photograph of an area of 75 km in a small plane?

Question from the wife who is into busy with ska www.ska.co.za.....not sure what she means by small plane...but i would imagine a cessna of sorts...hope you good guys can help

cheers

MicroFlyer
13th Sep 2005, 12:00
Is that 75 km x 75 km, or is it 75m km²? It would also depend on where this area is to be photographed, airspace restrictions as well as the aircraft limitations.

I think you haven't posted enough information for anybody to answer your question correctly.

wheelbay
13th Sep 2005, 12:10
Sorry Micro

Info is 5km diameter circle, Area is not restricted, its somewhere in the Northern Cape..

21.388 -30.7148

MicroFlyer
13th Sep 2005, 12:19
Yes, then it's real easy provided the photographer knows what he's doing. You can contact:

Professional Aerial Photography by Keith Pickersgill
Cape Town, South Africa
Email: [email protected] or Mobile 082 414-8448

Regards,

MicroFlyer

wheelbay
13th Sep 2005, 12:33
you the man..many thanks

Miragepilote
13th Sep 2005, 18:08
Type in "Google Earth" on your search engine on the internet.

Easy to use, you just need a fast connection and a decent computer.

Covers the whole world, but some areas are more recently photographed from satellites in space with astonishing clarity.

So much so that some counties have complained about national and international security treats.

Enjoy, it's a great way to tour the world otherwise..

Nice riverfront property and some serious crop circle development in area. Fortunately to the east of the river running north south. 2/3 Agricultural development to the Soutern side of the property.

But Northern Cape?:p

African Tech Rep
13th Sep 2005, 20:24
Miragepilote

Thanks - that site is definitely worth the money.
OK I know it’s free.

After a bit of up/down/left a bit I found my house – impressed I am, so impressed went on to find Aunties Susans et al.

For info looked like a “pre moving in” shot so almost two years old and clarity went away at “Eye Alt” 6500 ft – but any lower “eye alt” and I could have seen if the roof had been painted or not and put an exact date to the shot.
Yep – I did it after moving in.

If anyone’s interested I’m in Kempton Park, Aunties in Boksburg.
If they got these areas guess they have everywhere :D