PDA

View Full Version : Latest AG INDUSTRY rumours

AT502
13th Sep 2005, 04:48
Just heard a story today that ANOTHER operator is starting in Moree. It is apparently GWYD!R A!R II, run by the old management team.

Are they going to be called Gwydir Air? what about all of those agencies? Anyone with more info? Guess they will be using dirty stinking Thrushes from the airlines guys that couldn't sell them.

And they use to all laugh at Griffith & Wee Waa for having too many operators.

Good luck to you all in the Gwydir Valley. May the best operator win:E

AT502;)

If you have any important information like the stuff above, don't keep it all bottled up, feel free to post it here and share it with your mates, we can keep secrets!

Turboman
13th Sep 2005, 10:19
Heard the same thing too. Apparently an operator from Mungindi is involved as well. I thought his first hand experience would have taught him better. Instant AOC and aircraft for Fearless. It will be interesting to see how they go using their own money this time. I hear they have done a deal with the same people that scre#ed them over 3 years ago to use the old facilities on the airport. Oh well I suppose in the end it is understandable that they would deal with their own kind.

rotornut
13th Sep 2005, 19:24
Are you guys from Moree? If so, can I PM you about someone I know or rather knew over there?

Paint The Sky Pink!
13th Sep 2005, 23:59
Have heard the same romour. Went around some time ago and this time it has been confirmed.

I have been trying to bring myself to tell you that you're been a bit nasty Turboman, however I can't do it, I have to agree with you on your comment, knowing the poeple invloved:hmm:

Can't say I know too many other rumours AT502.

Cheers,

PTSP!

multime
14th Sep 2005, 06:23
Guys and girls - didn,t enough people get burnt by the DH , @ G Hoveringupme - debarcle?. Guess some will never learn - but hey you can never have enough race horses can you ???.
Besides the evap pit could prove an ecological nightmare but the EPA would love it.?
:yuk: Multi.:E

currawong
14th Sep 2005, 11:55
This is pretty sad.

Thread looks like it was penned by some of the play-schoolers on a GA skydiving thread.

No, I'm not involved.

Disappointed that others will judge the Ag community as a whole by it.

Flame away, you know I'm on the moral high ground.

CRUZN
14th Sep 2005, 12:27
Hi all, first time on...read most of the threads...good forum to support...I'll try my end and see if I can get more on...:ok:

Turboman
14th Sep 2005, 21:37
Currawong, I am guessing you have no intimate experience with the main party involved. Your moral ground is very shaky if your actually supporting this move. It is a bad reflection on Ag just having this person involved in the industry. Just ask the airline pilot's for a start.

Paint The Sky Pink!
15th Sep 2005, 06:34
Don't understand what your saying currawong?

Are you implying that rumours should not be discussed here?

Pprune does stand for Professional Pilots Rumour Network after all.

You obviously have not looked at forums in D&G where they slag the hell out of Dick Smith and call him names like school children. I don't think we have anything to be ashamed of!

PTSP!

currawong
15th Sep 2005, 11:49
1/ I say again, not involved

2/ I'm not backing anyone to do anything

3/ Professional rumour network, so lets keep it professional

4/ I make a point of avoiding naming individuals, companies or even general locations here, regardless of how incompetant or hypocritical they may be

5/ I could not care less if they, you or anybody else were to set up next door to me

6/ If they, you or anybody else operated in a professional, competant manner that does not bring the industry into disrepute then I would most probably welcome they/you to

7/ PTSP, others doing it does not make it right....

Agwaggon
15th Sep 2005, 18:10
Well said Currawong !!
For what it's worth I think it was a very sad day the day a large company such as this with so many people involved and one that had been clearly one of our industry leaders for so many years, finally went under.
What went on there behind closed doors is not know to me and is none of my business. I'm sure a lot of people and many of them simply innocent employes were greatly affected as is always the case in these things.
If the people making these fairly vicious comments were caught up in that then I may understand there frustration. But if there not then I think they should pull there heads in and look after ther own back yard. less the wheel turn.

Paint The Sky Pink!
16th Sep 2005, 00:00
Currawong,

I think you will find that Professional Pilots Rumour Network means it is a place for pilots who choose aviation as a profession to discuss various issues. Just read D&G Reporting Points for example to see the wide range of issues that Airline pilots discuss.

There are quite a few forums on Pprune that would obviously make you blush.

I am not implying that we can behave in a manner that is like the other forums, all I am saying is we are pretty well behaved on THIS forum so I don't think we need to worry too much. I really don't see that our industry is going to be judged by this forum. I certainly don't judge the Airline Pilots by their forums. (maybe I should!)

I don't see harm in an anonymous forum discussing 'rumours' in our industry. It may even be more productive then the usual bush telegraph as people that are in the know may be able to set the record straight.

More harm is done in our industry by rumours which turn into chinese whispers. At least on Pprune it is there for all to read and clarify.

I don't see that any harm has been done. The rumour originally discussed here is now spread far & wide and NOT by Pprune. And I am sure by now in WA the rumour has a much greater spin on it!

PTSP!

Turboman
16th Sep 2005, 02:46
Obviously this is a very emotive subject. Some people have got some information or pieces of the puzzle about what went on and is going on, and others have other information. No one has the complete picture. Impressions or points of view are formed from this limited information, I am aware of this.

It is sad that the company went under. In my opinion it shouldn't have if it was operated honestly and decently with the staff and clients interests first instead of a cash cow and a way of ripping off finance companies that back fired. The only other Ag operator I know in resent history that went out in this fashion was Cropair, and he was a crook. The rest, while not enjoying the drought, seem to be finding ways of getting through.

My beef is with people not operating honestly and decently. I know everyone has a different level of what this means, I just have a low threshold. You can only spin doctor for so long. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck....!

BallsToTheWall
19th Sep 2005, 10:12
Jez Boys ,
Do we really need to talk about Gwydir this way. We really should not bring up operational issues , with peoples names in this fashion. How about reports on the Jarba boom. Or safety issues relating to this insurance hike that all the operators are paying for.

Turboman
19th Sep 2005, 11:09
Balls,

As you've just arrived I'll get you up to speed.

Checklists (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=189427)

Pilot Wages (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=188715)

Airtractor Fuel (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=188587)

PT6 Operation (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=188567)

Safety Inititives (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=185315)

If we can't learn from history what can we learn from?

P.S. For advertising options see top right hand corner.

Lowlevldevl
19th Sep 2005, 11:42
Balls,CRUZN, FKA;)
Welcome aboard. Yeah it is best not to name individuals but the whole idea behind this is freedom of opinion and expression. Besides I'm sure we're all grown-up enough to realise that any opinion expressed by posters' who don't wish to put their real names to their posts can't be taken as gospel. Personally I support the anonymity thing because it means we can post away without worrying about what anybody else thinks of our opinions, makes for a free exchange of ideas.
Balls, if you want to discuss anything besides scurrilous rumours, start a new thread. Its easy.

AT502
22nd Sep 2005, 21:24
Did this post hit a few nerves????????????

Oh well maybe we need some more rumours to help those affected by the current rumour posted here have the heat removed from them:E

AT502:eek:

currawong
23rd Sep 2005, 07:42
No heat here, old mate.

Just keep it clean.....:ok:

Reddust
28th Sep 2005, 11:03
Sounds like not a lot you have not done too much in your own right. Any how that's how it looks to us on the outside.

Turboman
28th Sep 2005, 12:21
Say what???

Sounds like you better stay on the outside until you can type and make sense at the same time.:\

3 way valve
2nd Oct 2005, 23:39
G'day all
another "aggie" to add to your forum.
One rumour I was wondering about, what was the story I heard on the radio some weeks back about an aircraft "spraying" a large group of individuals at Coolac???
Anybody have details? This is the sort of media exposure that brings our industry into disrepute and we could do without...

3 way valve

Lowlevldevl
3rd Oct 2005, 05:49
Careful Boys! and (PTSP)

3-way, check your PM's(Bottom of the main forum home page)

Turboman
3rd Oct 2005, 08:44
Surely your not trying to encourage censorship LLD, or brush this under the carpet. If you have factual information, good or bad, isn't it in the best interests of the industry to set the record straight.

The "no publicity is good publicity" culture of the past ensured that the Green's negative point of view was the only point of view heard, and by default became accepted as correct.

I have heard it too, and have heard nothing to contradict it. If its male bovine faeces then say so, if the guy's a loonie tune then say so too.

Its out there now, pretending its not won't make it go away.

currawong
3rd Oct 2005, 10:13
There was a thread running over on D & G on this.

Try the search function - usually works pretty well:ok:

Lowlevldevl
3rd Oct 2005, 10:38
Searched without reult Currawong. Can you be a little more specific.
Turbo' Yeah I know.:ouch:

currawong
4th Oct 2005, 12:13
OK, might be quicker to go to D & G GA, page 5 or maybe 6 by the time you read this.

Thread is called - Ag Pilots "Joke"? - topic starter "Sunfish".

Has a link to a news article.

Lowlevldevl
4th Oct 2005, 14:39
This should link to the page over at D&G GA Coolac thread at D&G GA (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=189281)
This just brings up the ABC report

ABC Report on the Coolac incident (http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200509/s1456748.htm)

This incident emphasises the changed world we have to live in since Sept 11.

I don't know what happened at Coolac but consider this for a hypothetical.
One day, returning from a job, an unsuspecting pilot hits his smoker button at cruise height to acknowledge one of his mates/ clients, who looks like he's giving a property tour to some people .
You know how it works. " Hey, I see you down there." We've all done it.
Unfortunately the people on the ground aren't who he thinks they are and they (not unreasonably) feel they are being targeted in some malign way. They complain because they don't KNOW what the substance is. Also perhaps because our PR isn't what we'd necessarily like it to be and we've done such a good job of keeping our heads down, all Joe Public knows about us is that Al Qaeda wanted to use ag-planes to spread anthrax. For this reason the authorities are required to treat reports of 'rogue cropdusters' very seriously and apparently there is very little room for them to move. They HAVE to set the anti-terrorist response wheels in motion. You can see how this apparently innocent and well meaning gesture would get totally blown out of proportion. There's nothing else the authorities can do.

So the next time you think about 'smoking' your mates on the way to or from a job, ask yourself if you need the grief this poor bloke(and his operator) would get.

PC BS? Absolutely! But unfortunately a new fact of life.

Paint The Sky Pink!
5th Oct 2005, 05:17
I knew about this incident some time ago and thought it was pretty much common knowledge.

I think we are all big & ugly enough to know when the line is been passed regarding talking about things here on Pprune. We just need to be sure we are not doing anything to cause any harm to any persons reputation.

I remember some years ago an Ag Pilot was doing a demo at an airshow and was taxing around with his smoker on as part of the demonstration, however the airshow commentator did not know this was going to be done and thought the aircraft was on fire!

:p

PTSP!

currawong
5th Oct 2005, 09:53
Point is, that thread had over 500 views.

So, thats a lot of people drawing their own conclusions based on hysteria/ media beat up or whatever.

The silence from the industry was deafening.

Given a plausable explanation the thread died in the proverbial quick smart.

Do a google search on "chemtrails" some time and see just how loony and gulible people are...

airag3
6th Oct 2005, 10:43
Ahh yes Currawong, the old chemtrails,...what a classic that was!!

currawong
7th Jan 2006, 04:33
CREDIBILITY CHECK

Just bringing this back to the top.

:p Tee Hee:p

Some peoples views regarding rumour versus fact have undergone some major revision in the last couple of months.

Ag Accident North of Moree refers.

:E

Agwaggon
7th Jan 2006, 05:26
Touche'
Ouch.

ExSimGuy
20th Jan 2006, 09:56
I've been trying to find out old favorites chemtrails.org, or whatever their URL was - have they shut up shop?