PDA

View Full Version : SA CAA the good news

exjet
11th Sep 2005, 21:26
SA CAA the good news

I could not believe the service I received last week when I went in to renew my SA ATP. This was done on the strength of a JAA and FAA check ride done by a UK testing officer. A couple of certified forms, medical and all done-(plus 30 minutes at their new building). Having read the other posts I thought that I’d have to move a mountain. Rose and Nathan could not have been more pleasant to deal with.

nomoneynowek
12th Sep 2005, 13:56
hey, my SA ATP will have been expired for 2 years at then end of January 06, and I'm not particularly keen on the idea of having to re-write the exams.

I'm flying for a 121 carrier in the US. Will the SACAA renew my license on the strength of a checkride here?

Recuperator
12th Sep 2005, 16:45
Got to the SACAA website, read AIC 30.4 dated 01-11-15, RENEWAL OF SOUTH AFRICAN PROFESSIONAL PILOTS' LICENSES

It will give you your answer.

Basically states it can be done, but certain requirements has to be met.

Also deals with foreign medicals.

Good luck!!:ok:

Gunship
12th Sep 2005, 16:45
Hey exjet - great to hear it is not all doom and gloom as described by so many.

Then again you are coming from the UK and not used to service :E

Howzit mate ? Long time ... CdB :E

When you are overhead - drop a crate of cold one's (15,7 nm North of TIP please) ;)

nomoneynowek
12th Sep 2005, 17:05
Recuperator, appreciate the info.

Not sure if I'm reading it correctly, but does your SA license have to be current to renew it, or can it have lapsed?

Many thanks
Some wek, very little money!

Knoppiesdoorn
12th Sep 2005, 17:58
Don't let your licence go beyond the 2 years then you will have to write Air Law again. That AIC will tell you what to do.

With all due respect to "the good news":

There has never been a real problem with the day to day licence renewals, it is, at its core an administrative function, guided by the regulations. The problem arises when the regulations provide for a situation such as "at the discretion of the Commissioner" when you no longer have experienced qualified Inspectors to give that guidance based on hard earned knowledge and experience.

The problem is with the licenced operators, the Part 121's, 135's, 141's etc. There is enough evidence on this website to substantiate the absence of quality auditing of aviation in this country.

I just don't know how we can help Missouri who is appealing for help on another thread.

Recuperator
13th Sep 2005, 09:22
I unfortunately in my not so sober state misread your post.

I agree with will Knoppiesdoorn, you will most probably have to rewrite the airlaw.

exjet
13th Sep 2005, 11:29
Hi Gunns,

Long time, your crate will come as soon as I can unload the case of 'Klippies' I've been trying to drop in Zurich for the smiling crocodile.

Lots of flying here to earn that loaf of bread.

All the best