PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Employment in Far East

Mr Blue Eyes
11th Sep 2005, 21:09
Hi, I'm looking for help here. I am a low-hour fATPL pilot (also FAA CPL & IR) and I'm desperate to get a pilots job over in either Malaysia/Singapore.
Does anyone know, if its possible, what are the requirements, who to contact at airlines etc.

I was considering a TR if it would help. Any suggestions welcome:confused:

Kaptin M
12th Sep 2005, 00:21
It might surprise you to know that there are also many low-houred Asian pilots also looking for work in the region, Mr Blue Eyes.
Generally speaking, when Asian airlines recruit foreign pilots, they take quite experienced people (a couple of thousand hours, preferably some of that being jet time).
And that is for Second and First Officer positions.
Competition is fierce here, and I suspect you'll pick up a job much more easily in the U.K. (and Europe), than you will here, if you are low time.

Out of interest, why are you "desperate" to work in the Singapore/Malaysia region?

Mr Blue Eyes
12th Sep 2005, 10:00
Thanks for your comments.
Both me & fiance wanted to leave UK, she has now been offered a job to either work in Singapore or KL. Its a place where we both like & have many friends over there. I flew with AirAsia a few times and they did impress me. Any further ideas would be welcome.
Who needs the cold UK!

Left Wing
12th Sep 2005, 10:33
Air Asia has a deal with a TRO, check with them, where should you do your TR inorder to get a job with them the same with Valuair.

Mr Blue Eyes
12th Sep 2005, 18:26
Do you know which TRO?

EasyGo-Lucky?
12th Sep 2005, 23:16
I think you'd have a much better chance of a job in the Singapore/Malaysia region if you had a JAA, Australian, New Zealand, Malaysian or Canadian CPL/IR or frozen ATPL. The FAA license is not well regarded or accepted in Singapore for a commercial flying job unless the aircraft is US registered or you have thousands of hours of heavy command time and I believe its much the same for Malaysia.

capson
13th Sep 2005, 09:28
you have to join a very long line of unemployed local pilots. That MFA (Malaysian flying Academy) is chewing by the dozens.....

if you have any license other then Malaysian then.....good luck to you...... :mad: :( :(

TheFlyingDJ
13th Sep 2005, 18:31
Do you know which TRO?

Get in touch with parc, they had some business there. Not sure if they still are recruiting expats though.

Robert Palmer
16th Sep 2005, 10:32
The FAA license is not well regarded or accepted in Singapore for a commercial flying job

Untrue.... simply untrue

Mr Blue Eyes
16th Sep 2005, 17:29
Explain Mr P! Did you convert? How?

You still addicted to love??

kwaiyai
19th Sep 2005, 09:06
I thought you could get a validation with FAA licence, Certainly in Malaysia you will eventually have to sit the CA6's as the Validation doesnt last for ever.
But do correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats right,
Regerds:cool: