View Full Version : U.S Certificate,flying in Europe

Trentino
11th Sep 2005, 02:50
Hello all, Im probably going to get a good chance to fly in Italy next month. I have A U.S FAA commercial cert with all the goodies and I was wondering if there are any November registered aircraft available in Italy and what would be required of me to fly there. I am highly proficient in European procedures just from my own interest but I have no official checkout in Europe.
I have the Radio licence that is required and the commercial but could someone explain to me what else I would need?:ok:

Thanks to everyone!

VITODRAGO
12th Sep 2005, 13:02
YOU NEED ALL YOUR CERTIFICATES AND MEDICAL CURRENT, AFTER all you need is to find any flight club who will hire you an aircraft, for private operation you can fly any aircraft it does not need to be us registered, the faa license is icao and so is recognized in all icao countries, it is only up to the aircraft owner if he wants you to fly his aircraft or not, when you go abroad you can hire cars no matter where as long as they accept your driver license, same goes for hiring aircraft for private flying.

Trentino
12th Sep 2005, 15:37
Vito, I believe this rule applies to countries like Ireland, France and Switzerland but from what I remember Italy is very strict and I would need to convert something to fly an Italian registered airplane, I will try to find a club with a November reg airplane.

grazie
Alessandro

Rizla2002
12th Sep 2005, 16:04
When I flew in the States, I needed a FAA ppl.
No exams nor check rides, just a formal conversion, based on my Uk CAA ppl.
Probably it works the other way around as well. I suggest u to contact the Enac...