PDA

View Full Version : Air Pacific

SAW
11th Sep 2005, 02:32
Anyone got any information on Air Pacific ie roster, salary.

bluepacific
14th Sep 2005, 08:44
For what aircraft type ??
BP

SAW
14th Sep 2005, 17:38
Mainly interested in the 737.

bluepacific
16th Sep 2005, 07:01
As DEC or F/O ?
I think under Risthworth Capt's are on $500/day AUD, F/O's $350. If you already have an NG rating I would try else where otherwise its an Airline to use as a stepping stone to get the rating plus hours.
Rosters are issued 7 days before the new month, there are layovers in Suva, Nadi, AKL, HNL,YVR though now I'm not sure of their exact patterns.
Good destinations and depending on your contract you will be promised a certain amount of days work / month.
BP:ok:

Deske1
16th Sep 2005, 16:10
Any info about for 747-400 F/O?

The island looks like a paradise!:O

confirm-finals?
16th Sep 2005, 16:53
Deske1 Fiji is an amazing place!

I was lucky enough to work there as a flight instructor. I never saw water so blue and clean!

Hard to believe but there are many local pilots currently training at the flight school. Most of these guys go straight to either Sun Air or Air Fiji on Islanders, bandits then Air Pac...

I know that it's next to impossible to get a job with Air Pac unless you are type rated, plenty of hours and Fijian.

It might have changed though...that was over a year ago!

ys120fz
16th Sep 2005, 20:53
SAW I spent a year there some time ago. Nice enough people.

You won't get rich there but as somebody else says it's a stepping stone. I keep in touch with a couple of locals on the 737, and it seems there are plenty of hours available for contractorsif you want to work.
It seems that the 737 is becoming a local no go zone, with mainly contract captains now, and a few copntract FO's as well.

Standard is good as is the maintenance, or were when I left and I think that would have continued.

Layovers are good spots and good hotels. I hear that guys are now being based temporarily in Vancouver for a couple of weeks to cover the YVR HNL flying, and that couldn't be all bad.

And then there's Ed's bar on a Saturday night, or any night for that matter. Brown babes are plentiful. Ahh, Ed's Bar with a Fiji Bitter in the hand and a Fiji sweet hanging on...life was good.
And if local chicks aren't your taste, then there's the Nadi backpackers area..pick your poison.

As for the bluest and clearestwater, I think the Bahamas have the edge, but is there much difference between 200' and 300' viz when you're down 40 feet or so sucking on a tank? Probly not.

confirm-finals?
17th Sep 2005, 03:25
ys120fz ahh Ed's Bar...Certainly brings back the memories!!! Skylodge down the road has now been transformed into a backpackers paradise too!!! :ok:

DeltaT
18th Sep 2005, 05:36
Is it true that you can only get on the 737 via contract with Rishworth, who will only look at you with 500hrs on type?

bluepacific
20th Sep 2005, 06:16
No,
I hear they're so desperate now they will take you on directly, but that leaves you open to all sorts of stuff, like signing your own contract etc, beware of the China man......
BP

Deske1
20th Sep 2005, 11:39
Where can I apply?

bluepacific
21st Sep 2005, 06:19
I don't have the email address but this number should put you into contact with the right people.
+ 679 6737 500 ask to be put through to operations.
Good luck.
BP

Deske1
21st Sep 2005, 14:31
Thanks a lot!

Do they take europeans or only australians?I am rated on the B747-400 as F/O with relevant time.

bluepacific
22nd Sep 2005, 05:32
If you have 2 hands, 2 feet, reasonable English, the rating plus time you should get in.
It doesn't matter where you're from mate.
BP
:ok:

Deske1
22nd Sep 2005, 06:15
The reason I ve asked this,that 3 month ago IAC contacted me about Air Pacific 744 F/O job and very soon they cool me down stating that Australian or NZ residency required.

bluepacific
23rd Sep 2005, 02:41
Ah okay,
If you enter via Rishworth then you will be based in either AKL, SYD or BNE. But if you approach the airline directly they might be able to base you in Fiji.
BP

SAW
23rd Sep 2005, 19:56
Thanks for all the input. Got a call from Rishworth yesterday. The base would have been YVR however financially it would have been a sideways move.Therefore I am staying put for now.
They are looking for some FO's with about 500 on type (738) if anyone is interested.

bluepacific
24th Sep 2005, 07:18
No worries, they must want to stop the 1 month layovers there. The locals will be up in arms.