PDA

View Full Version : Stay or Go?

bigjet77
11th Sep 2005, 01:04
I am not in the business of whingeing.....normally. If you don't like a job you should leave. But it isn't the job that I don't like its all the BS on the fringes. Lost your fast track? Delayed command at 3 year point? Exchange rate eroded your pay by 25%? Living costs increased by 20%?
Can someone please motivate me to stay with EK. My mates are hear I normally like the weather, apart from the REALLY hot bits, but I find myself looking to go back to blighty where I can be respected, have some rights and earn decent money. What to do. Ideas???
P.S The flipping bunk is doing my head in!!!!

Loc-out
11th Sep 2005, 09:33
Things will not improve either. The "big buck" is not there to get in aviation, anymore.

My terms and conditions have gradually been eroded since I started in aviation.

Have a long think about this. If you have had enough of flying then start something else, like a business, while you are still young and fit enough or you will become a slave to the industry.

4legsaday
11th Sep 2005, 10:56
loc-out you really point it man.
see "Aviation,Liberty and Economy" thread.

Have a nice day.

cheers
4legsaday

ironbutt57
11th Sep 2005, 11:17
When you join any company as an expatriate you hope for the best....but you are at the mercy of the management, or market-driven recruiting/crewing issues...so you live with the package...or gracefully, and professionally bid them adeiu...and pursue greener pastures....remember green grass requires fertilizer, and you might hop the fence to find yourself knee-deep in said fertilizer....good luck, and happy trails to you...:cool:

Obfuscation
11th Sep 2005, 12:23
4legs, I'm sure you're trying to say something profound, but I haven't a clue what your aviation,liberty, & economy thread is getting at, nor this reply. Genuinely obfuscated...

biff dup
11th Sep 2005, 12:53
Bigjet77 - went through same dilemma a while back, you have to ask yourself a few questions and give yourself some honest answers;

do I like Dubai yes/no
do I like working for Emirates yes/no
do i like the job yes/no
are family happy yes/no

and then follow up with

if/when I leave will I regret having stayed so long?
what will I do instead?

The only thing you must always bear in mind is that you get only one life and there's no point in being somewhere/doing something that makes you unhappy.

ironbutt57
11th Sep 2005, 14:42
Think the "family" issue is the biggest factor at the end of the day isn't it????

74world
13th Sep 2005, 06:04
Bigjet77,

Mate I've found your post interesting, but not surprising...

But why did you apply at EK in the first place???

As you know DXB is only like living in a massive shopping center, the money in EK is crap, and work conditions can change at any time, by the way never in the employee's favor!

If you stay in EK you will probably have a "good time" and a good lifestyle, but you won't retire a rich man (even as a Capt)!

Goog luck....

:ugh: