PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair v BA v Thomsonfly

bigjet77
11th Sep 2005, 00:38
Got interviews with the above. DEC with Ryanair and Thoms. Can anyone give me an honest and unemotional opinion of working for Ryanair and any good figures for the take home pay in all 3 carriers. Currently doing 90 hours a month in the great sand pit and looking for alternatives. Ta.

dalflyer
11th Sep 2005, 14:21
Not another EK driver looking to leave!!! What a surprise!!! (tic)

Wizofoz
11th Sep 2005, 14:37
bj77,

If you don't like doing 90hrs/month- DON'T go Ryanair!! You'll be doing every bit of that, and in 90min sectors!!

I would suggest that if you got DEC with Thomsonfly, the fact that you would spend the 8-15 yrs you'd be waiting for a command in BA as a Captain would make up for any possible difference in salary later on.

Thomsonfly/Britania is very well thought of as an employer, so I'd think that was the way to go.

HZ123
11th Sep 2005, 14:44
And you will soon be doing it at BA.

dalflyer
11th Sep 2005, 14:51
I would even check out Jet2/Channel Express DEC if you've got the time and type rating. Jet 2 Jobs (http://www.channel-express.co.uk/recruitment.html)

Seabiscuit
11th Sep 2005, 17:19
Bigjet sent ya a pm

Riker
11th Sep 2005, 20:49
Ryanair should never be a consideration because of its super-crappy management. Sure, the roster is stable and the 800 is a very nice aircraft, but you never know what the whacky CEO will do next... He's a big jerk among jerky airline CEOs...

If you want to continue to fly the 777, then choose BA - but you likely won't upgrade for at least a decade or so...

I'd say go with Thomsonfly. Nice destinations on the 737 and you can eventually get into a comfortable 757/767. Not too shabby...

Good luck and let us know which one you choose.