PDA

View Full Version : Buccaneer return to flight project

jimgriff
10th Sep 2005, 19:18
Hi,
Am urgently trying to locate (x2) rocket packs for the Martin Baker Type 6 (MSB)(1) &(2) for HS Buccaneer return to flight project. NO THIS IS NOT A WIND UP!!!

Part number is MBEU 2602 RU.
They do not have to be live as they will be re-filled. Fired units are a non starter. Display or dummy units can be used.

It would now seem that the Vulcan will fly next year and a precident has been set by the CAA for the operation of complex ex mil jets.

The end user has an agreement from the manufacturer for refurbishment and refill of said rocket packs.

This is for a return to flight project in the UK.
Any pointers for this would be helpful.
This is a non commercial request as I will donate FOC to the project.

regards
Jim Griffiths
www.ejectorseats.co.uk

AdLib
10th Sep 2005, 22:38
Have you tried looking in the Bucc sitting outside the Buccaneer garage in Elgin?

Charlie Luncher
10th Sep 2005, 23:06
Dude
An option is to aproach what was DERA now split into QinetQ and DSTL, they did have a couple of frames and spare bits. They have a habit of keeping some strange things locked up in hangars, and that is just their staff.:8
Charlie sends

rej
11th Sep 2005, 08:32
What about speaking to the operators of the Bucc in South Africa. I'm sure they might be able to offer a few pointers.

Good luck

Rej

syncro_single
11th Sep 2005, 09:57
Hi, Dont have any help for you but just want to wish you all the best. As an ex Bucc guy it would be fantastic to see one in the air. Do you have any timescales?
If you have any electrical problems please feel free to pm me.

All the best again

jimgriff
11th Sep 2005, 14:01
All known avenues are being investigated.
The South African connection has all his seat explosives from the UK!

Any leads are welcome.

matkat
11th Sep 2005, 15:05
Jim BAE systems in Brough have a Bucc there and as far as I know it has been untouched since it arrived there might be worth a call,best of luck from Me also,if You have any QA issues drop Me a PM I am also an ex Bucc Guy (XV)

Proman
12th Sep 2005, 08:48
Try the Vintage Aviation Museum at Bournemouth...I'm pretty sure they've got a full Bucc cockpit in original condition (and obviously including seats). From memory it's XK527.

Also last time I looked another (XX897?) but with a Tornado nose as a test rig...not sure therefore if it'll have what you're after.

Hope it helps. Would check but their website seems down.

Echo Zulu Yankee
12th Sep 2005, 12:45
Hi there,

I currently help maintain a ground running Bucc, may be able to help with some bits if you PM me with your project details, perhaps if you are able to trade some bits that may be of use to us?

EzY

360BakTrak
12th Sep 2005, 13:19
This lot http://www.jetagemuseum.org/ have a Bucc cockpit and it looks fairly complete. Might be worth a try......

Greengrass
22nd Sep 2005, 23:02
Don't suppose for one minute that you might, just on the off chance, be looking for a pilot aswell ................would you? I'd cut my right arm off for a chance to fly the old girl again. Afterwards, obviously.

Greengrass

Vim_Fuego
24th Sep 2005, 12:41
I seem to remember a bucc fuselage which I'm pretty sure had the seat in it sitting outside a large shed just off the Forres (near Kinloss) bypass...opposite the garden centre on the same road. It just sat there for years and may still be there...the owners did not seem to be doing anything with it. Hope this helps and good luck

Vim

circle kay
24th Sep 2005, 12:51
Vim,

The nose at the garden Centre in Forres has gone to a paintball site in Perth. It was blown onto its side by high winds a few winters ago and wasn't put upright for a very long time. This site:
BUCCANEER SURVIVORS (http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/buccaneer/survivors.html)
is very comprhensive.

Good luck with the project Jim :ok:

(edited due to the fact I hadn't read my own link!:rolleyes: )

Flap62
26th Sep 2005, 13:39
One thing that is perfectly clear is that the people who asked you to make your last post need to chill out a bit!

circle kay
26th Sep 2005, 14:44
RRRRRIGHT.....

Good luck to Hawker Hunter Aviation Ltd :ok:

and

Good luck to you Jim in all your non associated projects :ok:

Archimedes
26th Sep 2005, 15:53
This is a non commercial request as I will donate FOC to the project

You might point out to whoever has thrown the contents of their playpen into the corner that the above makes it quite clear that you were not attempting to claim any involvement with the project. If people erroneously inferred that you were, that's not your fault.

Oh - and if someone at HHA is worried about making sure credit is given where credit is, in their eyes properly due, the two cutaway drawings of the Bucc on the HHA webpage are lacking a copyright notice that permission for use has been granted by the copyright holder. Glass houses, stones.... :hmm:

bluetail
26th Sep 2005, 17:57
Jim

The Highland Aviation Museum at Dalcross have a Mk 2 Nose complete with seats, both rocket packs were still fitted in March

They also have a Mk6 seat on display with its rocket pack removed

They would probably want to trade though

BT

jimgriff
26th Sep 2005, 21:08
Blue tail...do you have contact details of the museum?

disregard last...have googled and found details...thanks for the steer. will keep you up to date on progress

Truck2005
7th Oct 2005, 17:07
Jim,

There a couple of ex Bucc engine guys here at St. Athan if you want any help. Both of us are Major experienced with 10 years on type each. Both gagging to get our hands on another one.

Any chance?

jimgriff
7th Oct 2005, 17:28
Truck 2005...Check your PM's

Klatsch
8th Oct 2005, 13:26
There is a Bucc in desert paint at Gloucester, probably ex-Lossie after Gulf War 1. Don't know how complete it is. Best of luck with the project.

jimgriff
8th Oct 2005, 17:24
The Highland Aviation Museum at Dalcross have a Mk 2 Nose complete with seats, both rocket packs were still fitted in March

No rocket packs fitted by all accounts. Any other leads?:sad:

GeeRam
9th Dec 2005, 22:47
Congratulations on the HHA team with the announcement today that the CAA have finally certified the Bucc (ex-XX885) to fly in the UK on the civil register (G-HHAA) in the complex category - the first to do so....:ok:

R3Hard
9th Dec 2005, 23:21
Go for it chaps! Used to plane guard it off the old ark! Them were the days, how the memories stay alive!

:D

Stitchbitch
10th Dec 2005, 08:18
If you need a rag packer give me a shout...

ARINC
10th Dec 2005, 19:41
Give Martin baker a call !! I'm sure they would help you out.

Where's the Buccaners ?...on your Bucking head

Martin-Baker Aircraft Company Limited
Higher Denham, Near Uxbridge
Middlesex UB9 5AJ
England
Tel: +44 (0) 1895 832214
Fax: +44 (0) 1895 832587
E-mail [email protected]

Offer them some exposure !

You could paint Nice red Triangles under the canopy saying "May go bang, courtesy of Martin Baker"

Final edit...I just checked your site out...I guess you already spoke to MB.