PDA

View Full Version : jetconnect on Aus domestic

ricciricardo
9th Sep 2005, 23:53
posted 10th September 2005 09:47
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jetconnect on Aus domestic
When Jetconnect was originally set up in NZ it was to do the QF NZ domestic flying, it didn't take long before they were on the trans tasmans. Now we have them operating J* trans tasmans with a transit time of 5-6 hrs in Bne and Mel, does anyone think they're going to be sitting at the airport cafeterias for this period? I think not, how convenient would it be to slot in a ool or avv shuttle, here we go guys, more of our flying to the lowest bidder. (Now we know how m/line feel)

:suspect:

Mr Seatback 2
10th Sep 2005, 01:21
From what I've heard, the patterns that have been constructed are simple trans tasman returns - no domestic Oz flights are part of their flying. Not to say, of course, it's not in the pipeline!

What infuriates me is that rather than rewarding the crew who got the airline started up when it needed to (May 2004), it's shifted to the lowest bidder. Round and round in circles we go, eh?!

I hope that the FAAA (and the Jetstar members) fight any proposed plans for Jetconnect to do Australian domestic services as part of our new EBA. Remember guys - we are the union. What the majority does to achieve that, however, is up to us!

ricciricardo
10th Sep 2005, 02:03
Actually s/back your right about CHC AUS CHC, they are planned as immediate turnarounds, the original (tentative) timetable had Bne and Mel flights arr in am and ret in late afternoon which does seem sensible from a pax point of view. As usual the planning is about maximum use of resources (and minimum cost) rather than customer convenience!

Check this out.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16537216%255E23349,00.html

blue_stew
12th Sep 2005, 23:21
Hey guys, I'm glad someone is talking about this issue - I don't think anyone believes this could eventuate.

At DJ we've got our own version of jetconnect with Contracted Aircrew Services (operating PacBlue).

This is an issue that is relevant to J*, VB and QF as you can be assured as soon as one of them begins to use these 3rd parties on domestic, they all will and ALL of us will be looking for new jobs (or transfers to NZ!).

I don't know about J*, but at VB I think most crew are too niave and trusting to think it could ever happen!