PDA

View Full Version : EU Compensation - Utter Bullspit!!!

bealine
9th Sep 2005, 21:26
It's about time the world's airlines united and defied the EU concerning the draconian EU compensation scheme. Why should airlines compensate for weather problems???

The M4 tonight was clogged with traffic due to heavy weather. A 20 minute journey took 3 hours, but if you tried to get compensation from the Highways Agency, you'd be given the big flip off!!!

I fully agree that passengers should be compensated for events within the airlines' control - pro rata, of course, according to the actual fare paid, but the good airlines were already doing that!!!

Keep the Pound - Keep the Sprouts firmly in Brussels!!!

Final 3 Greens
10th Sep 2005, 12:10
Its about time that airline staff got up to speed on the EU compensation rules?

Wx delays are excluded from the scope of the legislation, under the heading of events outside the control of airlines.

Avman
10th Sep 2005, 12:20
Final 3 Greens , I think you missed the point of bealine's post entirely. Try again ;)

Final 3 Greens
10th Sep 2005, 18:31
Avman

Then please explain, since I cannot see what you see.

If Bealine is saying that the airlines are being held responsible for pax dealyed enroute to the airport, this is not the case either.I fully agree that passengers should be compensated for events within the airlines' control - pro rata, of course, according to the actual fare paid, but the good airlines were already doing that!!! Yes, so the bad airlines were, in effect, gaining an unfair advantage, not longer the case.

Anyway, its all an Air France plot to do Ryanair in :} (for the avoidance of uncertainty, this is not a serious point)