PDA

View Full Version : Shooting incident at Jo'burg Int

Gunship
9th Sep 2005, 14:36
Crime scene investigators and airport employees quietly milled around the cargo section at Johannesburg International Airport after a disgruntled colleague shot his manager and himself on Friday morning.

Full Story here : (http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=qw1126271701786B265)

south coast
9th Sep 2005, 23:56
what a crazy story!

just cannot believe somne people these days, must have been a really serious grievence to do that to your manager!

B Sousa
10th Sep 2005, 03:51
just cannot believe somne people these days, must have been a really serious grievence to do that to your manager!

Wake up and smell the Coffee, this happens everyday including in "Gun Free" U.K.. Only posted here because it was at an Airport.

NitroMan
11th Sep 2005, 03:36
Does anyone know whether the manager made it?

Only knowing JNB as SLF, where did this happen... airside or landside? If airside then WTF was he doing with a weapon?

4HolerPoler
11th Sep 2005, 05:04
Sadly, he didn't make it.

Guns airside ain't a new thing at JIA; there have been numerous armed heists up at the cargo section and recently a gang of armed men held up the duty-free store in the airside section of international departures.

Be careful out there.

4HP

ou Trek dronkie
11th Sep 2005, 21:25
Jislaaik 4HP. I always knew they ripped you off at JNB in the "Duty-Free" but now they doing it with vuurwapens ?

ou Terrified duty-free-customer

gema
12th Sep 2005, 06:31
R.I.P. Jan Botha

The funeral service for the late Jan Botha who was tragically shot and killed on Friday 9 September will be held this coming Friday at 1400lt 16 Sepemteber. Venue is the Witfield NG Kerk in Witfield Boksburg.

Go well old friend till we meet again.

Gema

Deanw
13th Sep 2005, 11:36
always knew they ripped you off at JNB in the "Duty-Free"

Went through there last week. They are Duty Free, not Profit Free! :rolleyes: :E

Coleman Myers
14th Sep 2005, 12:19
In my experience of the cargo village despite signs demanding permits to be displayed at all times anyone can drive in as long as you fill out the admission sheet. Ironically the toilets and showers are so tightly gated and bolted (to keep them half decent I guess) you have to beg for the code and a key ... always sad to hear about this sort of thing 'tho