PDA

View Full Version : Singapore out of JFK with a kid --> lounges?

FlyingConsultant
9th Sep 2005, 13:18
For reasons to complex to detail, I will be flying out of JFK on Singapore to FRA with my 3 year old in a few days. In business class. (Maybe I should give the date so you avoid the flight and we have more space....;) ).

Anyways, for even more complex reasons we will be there at least a good 2 hours before boarding, and it doesn't look like there is a Singapore Airlines Lounge in the terminal. :(

Is there another lounge (or entertainment) I can go to and hang with little FC? I am Gold on Star Alliance, but LH flies out of a different Terminal, and I can't remember Terminal 4 (things blur with age, you know)

thanks

newswatcher
9th Sep 2005, 14:16
deleted due to mental aberration of N/W in misreading previous thread:O :O

Cyrano
9th Sep 2005, 15:42
Newswatcher: FC is asking about JFK, not SIN. Read it again.

FC:

On this page on the SIA website (http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/before/lounges/index.jsp) , if you follow the link to "contracted lounges" you get the following for JFK:

New York (JFK Airport) JFK
Virgin Clubhouse (First Class, PPS)
Swiss Lounge (Raffles Class, KrisFlyer Elite Gold Members)
Varig Lounge (Star Gold Members)

Don't know whether these are in the same terminal as SQ (but I'd assume so) - in any case this gives you and FC jr some more options (Swiss and Varig, from what you say). Maybe he'd like a Swiss chocolate and then a caipirinha from the Varig lounge to help him sleep? :)

lexxity
9th Sep 2005, 15:44
Here you go, from the star alliance reference guide, issued to all star carrier customer service staff, JFK has the following.

*gold lounges, Lufthansa, Varig and United.

Now if you are flying SQ you will be flying out of terminal 4 and that has a Varig gold lounge, a first class and a contract lounge.

All you need to do is contact SQ and see which one applies to your ticket.

lexx

Globaliser
9th Sep 2005, 16:41
Cyrano:
Virgin Clubhouse (First Class, PPS)
Swiss Lounge (Raffles Class, KrisFlyer Elite Gold Members)
Varig Lounge (Star Gold Members)

Don't know whether these are in the same terminal as SQ (but I'd assume so) All three of these carriers operate from T4 like SQ, so FlyingConsultant should be fine.

FlyingConsultant
22nd Sep 2005, 16:49
Thanks for answering everyone. It was great. Singapore Airlines indeed uses the Swiss lounge in Terminal 4 for business class guests. It has huge windows to the tarmak (which kiddo loved) and a nice buffet for guests on the late flight.

So we had a warm meal before we boarded, kiddo had fun with the b-class seats for a while, etc. Not very disturbing to other guests. :D

And then came the flight attendant with a tray of ice cream announcing loudly the goodies she served. End result: Sugered-up kid who was up for another 2 hours :{

But it was all good fun