PDA

View Full Version : MAS has a New MD

bfd777
9th Sep 2005, 01:05
An outsider without an aviation background.... Good, bad, or indifferent? Any insights?

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/9/9/business/11995767&sec=business
:hmm:

pOKa
9th Sep 2005, 07:51
hehe Ive been reading this forum for awhile now and have yet to register till now, i just cant help it but Im sure alot of u agree with me when i say

"Same Circus, Different Clown!"

BUT we'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he, lets give him some time and see what can this Shell guy do :p

perantau
13th Sep 2005, 02:15
I reckon Malaysia has quite a few capable sons & daughters that can run her corporations well. Whether a Malaysian or a foreigner is at the helm, his/her hands are somewhat tied & MAS won't be able to fully function as a business entity until it is allowed to do so.

I'm hoping the Abdullah administration would do just that.

Virtual Reality
16th Sep 2005, 01:52
Perantau, emmm.... I wonder whether you realise that MAS Catering was 'sold' to No 1's brother and get the contract from MAS for 25 years. LSG skychef was brought in because of the brand name.

Just one of many "things" that happening in MAS ........:)

my 2 cents ......

Brianigham
19th Sep 2005, 15:07
:ouch:

25 years!!...............man thats not a good sign.

I really hope the new MD is not just a puppet, cause we really can do better.

What MAS relly needs IMO is a serious look at their managers at all levels.

I am still holding on to the quick fraying rope of hope.

Idris Jala, I think his name is. Seems to be more of a people person ( by his credentials ) and seems to have some good turnarounds under his belt. May be just what MAS needs for another turnaround.

Thumbs Up!

LLuke
20th Sep 2005, 09:46
I think it won't hurt to have somebody from the oil industry as CEO these days. Only think he has B I G problems ahead of him with the A380 coming. Where on earth is MAS gonna fly them too??? Hopefully it will incl AMS, so I can always travel relaxed with my staff ticket when in need of a short vacation :cool: I also never understood why they never wanted to deepen/extend the cooperation with KLM?