PDA

View Full Version : FCA T's and C's

Gunman returns
8th Sep 2005, 10:27
I currently work as an FO on the 737 with a Loco. I will shortly be up for a command assessment but I am considering a move to FCA. I would be interested to know how long before getting on to the long haul fleet and time to command.

(ps Search function won't work at the mo)

EPRman
11th Sep 2005, 09:31
Time to command is a major frustration at the airline at the moment for the FO's. You're probably looking at 8-10 years unless there is major expansion (which is unlikely). A couple of seasons would probably see you on the 767 as more are arriving over the next couple of years to tide us over until the 787 arrives.

Details of salary etc can be found at www.pilotjobsnetwork.com. Once there click on Europe, Factfile updates: [more], and look at the entry dated 31st August for First Choice Airways

If you've interested get your CV off ASAP as the Company are in the middle of interviewing and have already offered 28 jobs. The final number of FO's required is between 50 and 60. If you've any more questions please PM me.

Regards

Impressive_Wingspan
6th Oct 2005, 15:38
Seen a few posts asking the same question so sorry for repition mods, but can anyone advise monthly F/O takehome pay at First Choice.

Pin Head
6th Oct 2005, 16:05
And what is the deal with staff travel on other airlines? Can you buy ID80's for example with BA?

ECHIE
6th Oct 2005, 21:04
And are they still hiring or when are they going to hire again?

FlyboyUK
7th Oct 2005, 16:00
I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and was told that they had filled all the interview slots and had therefore more or less finished recruitment. Although I was still asked to submit a CV, I haven't had a response.

Airbus Girl
8th Oct 2005, 09:16
Allowances depend on fleet but aren't that great - c£2.50 per hour, payable for 24 hours a day if you are away, eg. on long haul. Very few stops on the short haul fleet. There are now two salary scales, the Senior FO scale you'd probably take home around £2000+ per month depending on allowances.

The company does have ID90 agreements and similar with many of the scheduleds and also arrangements with other charterers.
There are also concessions available with the company for its own holidays although there are restrictions.

The list of those eligible for command seems to get longer and longer...