PDA

View Full Version : Katmandu Nepal Transiting Corporate Aircraft International

Sheep Guts
8th Sep 2005, 09:54
Just enquiring if anyone knows about the requirment to conduct an Approach into Katmandu on a Sim prior to going there and supply proof of a PC to the authorities before arrival. Our Planning contractor(GLOBAL) has mentioned this to us, that it is a requirement. I have been to the Nepal CAA website and weve emailed them with no response. If anyone has any info or constructive advice thanks in advance.
We will operating a B200 into there hopefully.

Regards
Sheep

P.S. I put a copy in the Asian forum aswell. I chose this forum because we are corporate ops

FlyMD
8th Sep 2005, 10:18
Hi,

Yes, it is a requirement to do training in the sim for BOTH pilots before going there.

However, it is not required to do the training in the exact type you are going to fly there..

We had to do that training in a hurry, and the only sim in the vicinity which had Kathmandu in the visualator was an A330!! We had great fun of course, but it didn't exactly come cheap..

The requirements for obtaining a landing permit in Nepal are many, including supplying proof of sim training. Respect them all, or you will not get the permit! Once there, things work ok, even if we had to refile the flight plan by hand and pay a lot of different people cash...

Have fun, stay in he middle of the air..

FlyMD

Sheep Guts
9th Sep 2005, 15:51
Hi FLYMd,
Thanks very much for the info. I am still trying to find out how many sims are availabe that have the Kathmandu visuals etc to do an approach check. Once completing the check the records need forwarding on to the Nepal CAA for approval. I see your from Malaysia, was it a Malaysian A330 sim you used for your check, or did you go to the states?

Thanks in advance
Sheep

FLEXJET
9th Sep 2005, 17:58
Swiss Aviation Training in Zurich have a A330 sim with Kathmandu in the vis.

Final 02 (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/134684/L)

Flintstone
9th Sep 2005, 22:44
Makes Innsbruck look easy.

con-pilot
9th Sep 2005, 23:51
That doesn’t look that bad when one compares it to Aspen, KASE. Anybody here flow into both?

Sonic Zepplin
10th Sep 2005, 13:28
You wouldnt find
(what looks like a 737 in the background at ASPEN)

Flew for an company several yeas back that had a house in ASE, was there atleast twice a week, and even on a good day the pucker factor was high. :ooh: