PDA

View Full Version : Indian Salaries

garthicus
8th Sep 2005, 08:50
Hi all, does anyone know the type of salaries offered by the Indian carriers for flightdeck on the 737NG?

A couple of us have had some interest/offers by agencies and the salaries seem a little on the low side.

A little tired of the Middle East and I'm wanting to leave so this might be a good opp to do so

Thanks!

Jet_Settin
8th Sep 2005, 11:07
Well i can tell you what Jet Airways' pays

You can expect to take home bout US $ 5300 after taxes

Thats obviously without any overtime etc etc

could make much more.....since who isnt doin overtime with all the pilot shortage here!!

garthicus
8th Sep 2005, 11:13
Thanks for that!!!

That doesn't sound too bad. Gets me out of the sandpit!!

I'm sure the overtime is there, just like anywhere (which is good) .

Did you see what Air Arabia is offering as a matter of interest, it's not too shabby... on the 320 though http://www.airarabia.com/careers/

I'd rather chew my own arm off than be based in Sharjah, even though it's 2 mins from Dubai, it's still a kip.

Roll on India.

Farrell
8th Sep 2005, 15:49
ever been to India before garthicus????

garthicus
9th Sep 2005, 07:49
Yeah, I spent over a month there travelling around the place, I actually really really like India, I'm sure my head will be wrecked with all the middle management though,,,,,

Immelmann
9th Sep 2005, 19:35
Quote.........You can expect to take home bout US $ 5300 after taxes.........

FO or Captain ?

RAT 5
9th Sep 2005, 21:29
It doesn't matter. Either way you are devaluing the profession. Compared to the euoprean salary that you crave, and the european enviroment that you might wish to retire to, these salaries are derisery. Any ex-pat who accepts these is doing their compatriots a gross disservice.

For God's sake & your own, keep your standards up, and resist these pimps! You will regret it forever if you accept!!!

Jet_Settin
11th Sep 2005, 12:45
Thats for a Captain.

A local captain makes bout that much...
expats would obviously make more

rsoman
11th Sep 2005, 13:40
For God's sake & your own, keep your standards up, and resist these pimps! You will regret it forever if you accept!!!

I thought, there was a time in the very recent past, when a lot of guys suddenly ended up without a job. Now things are looking up again, starting to get back to the good ole arrogant self, aren't we???

fliboyd
12th Sep 2005, 00:43
Hey Rat 5

You sound like a senior captain who has all he wants and just doesn't want to see others get any.

You're a dick!

two speed prop 3
12th Sep 2005, 08:02
Hey fliboyd,

Rat 5 sounds like a commercial pilot who knows what his skills are worth. I also know what I am worth and trust me I would not accept $5300 as an FO let alone an experienced captain.

Being from the USA you should know better than anyone what has been happening to our industry. There has been downward pressure on terms and conditions worldwide in the wake of 9-11.

However, there is now a massive shortage of EXPERIENCED pilots and we should be trying to elevate our profession back to the standing that it deserves.

There are alot of employers out there who think they can get away with paying peanuts and we all know what you get if you pay peanuts!

So what are you fliboyd?

Professional Pilot/Monkey

Delete as appropriate

:O

Phileas Fogg
13th Sep 2005, 02:56
The world is 'ICAO', not 'JAA'.

Do you think that a S. American Captain (as an example), who might earn USD2,000 per month back home, is going to refuse USD5-6-7,000 USD in another part of the world whilst he has a mortgage to pay and wife & kids to feed?

He is not dis-crediting his profession, he is taking a contract for better money than he can earn at home. JAA 'at home' salaries are significantly higher thus best you stay at home, unless the deal it right for your mortgage, your wife and kids, but please don't criticize others.