PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

Steve76
6th Sep 2001, 11:53
After being lost in the wilderness of the web and losing my password and 109 odd postings (long story of computer illiteracy..), 'collective bias' is back under a new refreshing alter ego.
Now...thread #1
A light hearted topic.
Once managed to get 212kts ground speed out of the 76 without exceeding VNE.
Yep! a rather blustery and wooly day. But a fact none the less. I'm sure others have done better so lets hear them.
Chinooks do 170kt VNE (?) so there must be plenty of good numbers from those guys.
Reading Nicks reply to the VNE thread, I'll bet he's had a few also.
My crowning achivement or almost fatal mistake was the 125kts G/S in the 47. I thought it was going to jump back in time.... :D

Joker's Wild
6th Sep 2001, 12:11
212 kts g/s in the 76 works for me. Rather bumpy day with a huge breeze behind us. It looked to me like we were eating up the route VERY quickly. Indicated said 135 kts but when I looked down, just about had a fit. 212 KTS!!

They do like to go fast, don't they!!!

:eek:

telboy
6th Sep 2001, 18:19
How about 158kts g/s in Jetranger? Between The Olgas & Ayers Rock one day. Another time 100kts 75% & 400fpm climb with 3 pax on board.
Happy Days.

pedroalpha
7th Sep 2001, 02:10
Done 230 Kts ground speed according to the TANS in a Chinook.

PS. Can you chaps PLEASE use a spell checker - you let yourselves down badly & lose creditability by using poor grammar and spelling. Presentation is important on the world wide stage.

Joker's Wild
7th Sep 2001, 03:15
pedroalpha

Are you serious?????????????????? :cool:

IHL
7th Sep 2001, 09:50
Pedroalpha says:"PS. Can you chaps PLEASE use a spell checker - you let yourselves down badly & lose creditability by using poor grammar and spelling."

Pedroalpha, practice what you preach!
Last time I checked Webster's Dictionary(5 minutes ago) CREDIBILITY was spelt CREDIBILITY not creditability.
:rolleyes:

[ 07 September 2001: Message edited by: IHL ]

John Eacott
7th Sep 2001, 11:57
Not an impressive total g/s compared to the likes of the S76, but 180 kt gs (from Decca Danac :( ) in a 212 in the NS was fairly impressive, except that the return leg was only 20kts!! Usual business of strapping the machine to one's backside only to watch the wind go up through shutdown limits, then trog around for 8 hours until a window appeared to hide in the lee of a hangar and shut down.

I really, really miss that. Right.

Steve76
7th Sep 2001, 12:13
IHL wis bieng veri pulite two olso not point out yur incurekt spelling ov 'lose', pedroalpha. I sujest u pud a happi fase bhind yur riplys in phuture.
:eek:

heloplt
10th Sep 2001, 04:38
Eacott,

Remember with any clarity, what that change in groundspeed did to your fuel plan when you realized that upon doing your second ground speed check after restoring the decca for the third time in the snow squalls that you were in fact actually getting a roaring 25 kts ground speed on your trip back to Sumburgh? And that itchy feeling somewhere under that set of rubber and canvas jammies , when you realized just how little time you would have to find terra firma based upon what you thought originally a truely extravagant amount of fuel based upon the 60 knots you had planned for! It could be a very long way from the Ninian to Sumburgh some days!