PDA

View Full Version : R22 Crashes at Sywell

swerve
14th Jan 2001, 21:05
Anyone with any more info on the R22 crash this afternoon at Sywell - said there were 2 on board - no injuries - aircraft a write off - woman at the controls?

helisphere
14th Jan 2001, 21:39
I haven't heard anything about it. I'm just waiting now for all of the R22 bashers to fill up this thread.

Hoverman
14th Jan 2001, 22:04
A bit early to start making guesses at the cause of the crash isn't it, SWERVE?
There may have been other factors. :)

Good News: No injuries
Bad News: As HELISPEHERE's says, here we go ...... :rolleyes:

[This message has been edited by Hoverman (edited 14 January 2001).]

HollyCopter
15th Jan 2001, 00:28
Just saw the note, and thought I'd better try to find out more - I know one of my '22's was passing through Sywell today!

I just heard that it was an instructor with a trial lesson on board. Apparently it was dynamic rollover. Also, so I was told, the student wasn't put off by it at all, and signed up for more lessons.

...all received 2nd hand, as is often the case in these situation, though it was from a trusted friend who just landed his 109 next to the wreck.

Beats my story - right after my trial lesson I got out of the '22 and threw up on the ground, but still went back for more....

P.

swerve
15th Jan 2001, 13:10
Stay cool HOVERMAN only asking for more info on the crash - obviously a R22 flyer with the normal insecure attitude!!!

I was never pointing fingers!

solari
15th Jan 2001, 19:37
SWERVE
Quick wit is never as funny if it's explained, but .....
Hoverman wasn't referring to the fact that it was an R22, he meant you saying "Anyone with any more info on the R22 crash this afternoon at Sywell .......... woman at the controls?" :)

swerve
17th Jan 2001, 01:30
Ho Ho - sorry not initially on the wave length but we all live and learn - TA!!