View Full Version : Statistics in hiring?

lady_aviator
7th Sep 2005, 19:41
i've been reading several posts in the this forum and i keep seeing the same thing over again, so many with FATPL's but still no job? I've heard the rumours for the last couple of years that there is a "pilot shortage" or there is going to be a pilot shortage which i wonder is it fact? or is it some fantasy tale developed by FTO's for recruiting students?

Basically my questions is, is there any proof of this pilot shortage? is it myth or fact? this is such an up and down industry from knowing someone to being in the right place and at the right time. When looking at the advertisements for jobs as a pilot the majority are looking for those with 1000 hrs + and type rating, so where do we low hour pilots fit in? Are that many unemployed 1000+ hr type rated pilots out there? wouldn't they already be employed? didn't they start somewhere as once low hour guys themselves?

Basically i am asking, are there any statistics that us JAA guys both modular and integrated can find out statistics about the amount of fresh pilots looking for jobs and the amount that get hired? Is there light at the end of this highly expensive tunnel? If anyone knows any facts or figures when it comes to hiring and/or the pilot shortage i'd appreciate it......

:confused: