PDA

View Full Version : Jalways, Air japan, NCA...

eaglejet
7th Sep 2005, 14:24
Hi guys,

A friend of mine considers applying to these airlines through a contract service company.

Would like to get the testimony of some folks working for these airlines under contract with hawaian Aviation or others......

How's the Quality of life, pay, days off, benefits.........

Thanks a lot

BlueEagle
7th Sep 2005, 23:04
The SEARCH function revealed this! (http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=2129443&sortby=&sortorder=)

Joe le Taxi
8th Sep 2005, 14:54
I have to say none of that is much help for NCA contracts, of which very little has been said. The Hawaiian Aviation website gives the gen on the Honolulu base on the classic, but I would like to know a little on prospects for the AMS base, and when recruitment is likely for rated 744 F/Os, and which agency will be dealing with that. An update on NCA pay rates would be of interest too. I gather its in dollars so its not as great as it once was.

I applied via Hawaiian for AMS, for a step back in time off the -400 onto the classic but have heard nothing.

BlueEagle
8th Sep 2005, 23:02
Some bits and pieces of information about NCA (http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=2132854&sortby=&sortorder=) here, though it looks like more questions than answers I'm afraid. For what it is worth, I used to bump into them in Anchorage quite a bit and they seemed a very happy and well paid bunch but competition for vacancies was stiff.
I believe I am right in saying that All Nippon are selling their interest in NCA, don't know if this will make any difference to terms and conditions, employment prospects etc.

NZLeardriver
8th Sep 2005, 23:21
I believe as part of the agreement ANA will be providing the crews for at least the next 5r years, so the status quo should remain.

6feetunder
9th Sep 2005, 01:34
As of yet all 400 positions are being filled from the Classic. It may be quite a while before there is direct hiring to the 400. Having said that an order for 4 more was announced this week (total orders now 8) so maybe sooner than later. Since the 400 will be taking over the Europe service first there probably won't be any hiring for AMS in the near future.

As BE mentioned NCA guys are a happy and well paid bunch which makes the competition very stiff. If you want more info on the contracts pick up the phone and call HACS or Parc.