PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar - New CEO

CaptCloudbuster
7th Sep 2005, 13:18
...just heard that Australian Airlines CEO Andrea Staines announced at the team forum in Cns her appointment as CEO Jetstar.... any more info out there??:confused:

triadic
7th Sep 2005, 13:58
pull the other one!!

ITCZ
7th Sep 2005, 22:29
Does that make her CEO-man Staines? Is there a Captain Pugwash at Jetstar?

:D

Sonique
7th Sep 2005, 23:54
I was at the forum.

1. She is on the Jetstar board.
2. She will remain CEO of AO.
3. AO is not merging with Jet*
4. AO is here is stay - next stop China/India
5. AO will remain full service leisure carrier serving markets currently served by QF where they can not make a profit on anymore.
6. Jet* will seek out NEW routes and fly them.
7. QF wants a portfolio of airlines - they will keep all of them running.

mostie
8th Sep 2005, 00:02
"I was at the forum."

Which by the way is the LAST place a thinking person would expect to hear ANYTHING resembling the truth.

"7. QF wants a portfolio of airlines - they will keep all of them running."

A portfolio of loss making ones subsidised by the record profits of mainline who's costs we are continually told are TOO high.

There is logic there somewhere I'm sure.:}

Don Esson
8th Sep 2005, 00:09
This is a good one. Qantas has made some very strange appointments in recent times but this would be the oddest if true.

Why stuff up a 'profitable' outfit (J*) by letting loose on it the head of an outfit who has presided over the leading loss-maker in the Qantas group? Might be wistful thinking on the part of AO staff to see her moved on but J* doesn't need a lightweight CEO anuy more than having TJ as its CEO!!

Sonique
8th Sep 2005, 00:22
Mostie,
Which by the way is the LAST place a thinking person would expect to hear ANYTHING resembling the truth

Are you right ? Fair go. I never expect to see anything resembling the truth on pprune also.

Don Esson,
Would the QF group have made as much profit if it didn't let AO fly QF frequent flyers redeeming points everywhere ?

Just remember - AO was started to help QF from losing money. Even though AO made a loss, it stopped mainline from having an even bigger one. AO is the airline that QF dumps its frequent flyers on to prevent them from making a bigger loss as it is cheaper for AO to do it.

AO made a profit last year. This year I admit the result was not so good. Who says that next year won't see a profit again ?

mostie
8th Sep 2005, 02:41
"Who says that next year won't see a profit again ?"

Not who but what.

Fuel prices at record levels and the termination of subsidies from the Malaysian government I suspect.

Legal_Counsel
9th Sep 2005, 01:39
I understand from gossip around here that Australian Airlines will be merged with Jetstar that, the current Jetstar CEO will go to Orangestar.

sweetpollypurebred
9th Sep 2005, 08:27
Surely anything has to be better than that fat pig of a asic-holder TJ?:yuk: