PDA

View Full Version : Air Cadets

Liamoc123
6th Sep 2005, 22:22
Lets see how this thread goes.... What do you think of air cadets. Please, be as harsh as you like...

plans123
6th Sep 2005, 22:25
Well what do you honestly think?

Days Like These
6th Sep 2005, 22:27
I think they should get a haircut! :ok:

Liamoc123
6th Sep 2005, 22:28
That is unfortunately very true, they ALL need a haircut!

plans123
6th Sep 2005, 22:31
Need to clean their shoes, use an iron and stop shuffling around the unit looking like a shower of:mad:

Liamoc123
6th Sep 2005, 22:37
That about the shoes is not entirely correct, I have perfectly bulled shoes which you can see your face in perfectly!!

Days Like These
6th Sep 2005, 22:40
Is that a good thing? ;)

Just kidding!

Above Datums
7th Sep 2005, 08:27
Back in the day when I was a space cadet we polished our shoes, tucked our shirts in, ironed our kit and even gasp were taught to salute officers and show respect to Junior and Senior NCO's. When did this stop being the norm? I remember being told that we were part of the air force and should act like it.

Then again this was a LONG time ago. I wonder how long it will be before we see them in hoodies :E

Spacer
7th Sep 2005, 09:01
Then again, I think its good that they are taking an interest in the Armed Forces at a time when its 'cool' to just slack off! A friends sibling has just joined up, and should be applauded for not hanging around the bus stop/shopping centre/back of shops, and doing something constructive.

Circuit Basher
7th Sep 2005, 11:53
Datum ironed our kitOne time when I was a cadet at a certain camp in RAFG which was home to the mighty Lightning, I even helped some other cadets iron a guys trousers......

He was wearing them at the time, however!! :D :E

(He'd just dobbed us in to the camp comm for being responsible for some empty beer bottles found in the bins behind the accommodation!!).

Liamoc123
7th Sep 2005, 15:08
Indeed quite a few squadrons have gone downhill but our squadron still maintains the high respect for JNCOs, SNCOs and officers. We have a great drill team too!

Talking Radalt
7th Sep 2005, 16:43
Spacer,
Is a shopping centre the same as " The Mall "?

SPIT
7th Sep 2005, 17:34
Hi Years ago when I was a Cadet we had DAILY ROOM INSPECTIONS and were NOT allowed on any base if we were NOT properly dressed and SMARTLY turned out.
From what I gather my old squadron of who I was Adult W/O Disip is now more like a small club and NOT ORGANISED like a Cadet Force because if you tried to instill a bit of discip into this lot they would complain to their MUMMY'S that they were being hard done to ??:mad: :mad: :ok:

Duncan D'Sorderlee
7th Sep 2005, 17:45
They could be robbing old ladies, or selling drugs to your children!

but they're not!

ppf
7th Sep 2005, 20:55
I agree with all of the above but it can be said that 'some' regulars do not seem to be setting the standards with regards to bulled shoes, walking on the grass, wearing headdress when outside, paying compliments?

Anyone else agree?

ppf

LXGB
7th Sep 2005, 21:01
A "man in the pub" the other day said there will soon be more cadets than RAF on strength. Is this true or is it Sh1te?

LXGB

ppf
7th Sep 2005, 21:07
LXGB, this is from DASA, couldn't find this years figures!

RAF Strength (http://www.dasa.mod.uk/natstats/ukds/2004/c2/sec2tab27.html)

ATC Strength (http://www.dasa.mod.uk/natstats/ukds/2004/c2/sec2tab214.html)

ppf ;)

Safety_Helmut
7th Sep 2005, 23:00
Military Aircrew:

"A forum for the professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware, and the backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground. Army, Navy and Airforces of the World, all equally welcome here."

Please explain how Air Cadets fit in here ?

Surely pprune should have a rule that members at least have to have finished school before joining.

Safety_Helmut

Skylark4
8th Sep 2005, 07:45
Safety Helmut,
If you see a thread with "Air Cadets", "Spacers" or "VR(T)" in the title, Please ignore it. It may upset you.

Mike W

Edited to correct punctuation error.

boswell bear
8th Sep 2005, 09:35
rising to the debate.........here goes:

VGS aircraft would not leave the ground without Staff Cadets and a great many are Aircrew thereby under the heading:

Military Aircrew:

"A forum for the professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware, and the backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground. Army, Navy and Airforces of the World, all equally welcome here."

Cadets are a relevent topic.

And before you fire back with the line about them not being professionals well all the cadet G1's and C Cats I know fit the dictionery definition:

pro•fes•sion•al /prfenl/ adj., noun
adj.
1 [only before noun] connected with a job that needs special training or skill, especially one that needs a high level of education: professional qualifications / skills professional standards / practice an opportunity for professional development If it’s a legal matter you need to seek professional advice.
2 (of people) having a job which needs special training and a high level of education
3 showing that sb is well trained and extremely skilled competent:
noun
a person who does a job that needs special training and a high level of education: the terms that doctors and other health professionals use

Postman Plod
8th Sep 2005, 10:42
Hmmm aren't the gliders on the mil register, rather than the civil register like the Tutors? ;)

However.... I do agree to a point with Safety_Helmut - there are better places for cadets to be than PPRuNe, and I really would hate to see a cadet invadsion, however the exception I'd say is PPRuNe can provide the first-hand careers advice that other sites struggle to do.

Anyway, if you didn't already know it existed....

http://www.aircadetcentral.net/forums/index.php

tmmorris
8th Sep 2005, 12:02
I'd like to point out that on all the camps I've been on, there have indeed been daily room inspections, and severe b@ll@ckings for poor turnout. Those were CCF - can't answer for ATC.

The marching still left much to be desired, but they were at least trying...!

Tim

(VR(T))

LXGB
8th Sep 2005, 14:51
Cheers ppf, nice stats ;)

LXGB