PDA

View Full Version : Jag display pilot

Liamoc123
6th Sep 2005, 21:48
Does anyone know Flt Lt **** ***? (please tell me if we don't post names here) and if so, can they tell me what he's like?? I met him at an airshow but didn't get to chat much as the queue was too long! :8
(please tell me if we don't post names here) We don't

Jackonicko
6th Sep 2005, 21:53
He's frightfully brave.

And terribly tolerant.

Liamoc123
6th Sep 2005, 21:54
Isn't he one of the only two who are dual QFIs and QWIs

Days Like These
6th Sep 2005, 21:56
Why don't you just write to him and ask him and not waste our time with this pointless thread!

Jackonicko: I think terribly is an understatement!:}

Liamoc123
6th Sep 2005, 22:07
Why dont you.........stop being so rude! Coltishall doesnt have time for petty questions like mine

Fg Off Max Stout
6th Sep 2005, 22:11
How well do you feel your first two threads are going, Liamoc123?

Days Like These
6th Sep 2005, 22:12
Hmm...you know you're petty...we know you're petty...and *** probably doesn't give a damn.

I know it's exciting that you've met a real pilot but trust me, the excitement was all one way.

Feel free to post but please make it interesting/relevant! :bored:

Liamoc123
6th Sep 2005, 22:17
I agree, my first threads have been a bummer, but i'm gonna stop the pettyness and just reply with valuable comments! :D

fabs
6th Sep 2005, 22:17
If you write via the CRO at RAF Coltishall, you may well find that they have time for 'questions like yours'. I will say however, despite all the names of the Pilots and Crew of the RAF display ac being all over the official RAF Web site, we tend not to put peoples names on this forum.

With that in mind, as we are not being rude, I would request that you delete your other 'Jag' thread as there is no chance of you illiciting the information you seek and you may find youself on the receiving end of a fair amount of 'harsh banter' to say the least.

Liamoc123
6th Sep 2005, 22:18
Wilco, thanks for the advice

plans123
6th Sep 2005, 22:21
I met him once you know - an absolute dream, spoke to him for ages you know!!!!!! :yuk: :rolleyes: :yuk:

16 blades
6th Sep 2005, 22:31
The Lord '******' - now there's a name I've not heard in a while.

16B

Jackonicko
6th Sep 2005, 22:37
Well done on deleting the other thread.

To answer your question:

He seems to me to be a typical Jag mate. Thoroughly professional and punchy, but with an obvious sense of humour and great natural charm. It's a bit of a hallmark in the Jag force (and probably of aircrew more widely though one shouldn't say so, since they're a modest lot.....), and it reminds me of various other Jag pilots, past and present.

Concentrating on one man, when we should perhaps be thanking them all, and especially those who did their bit for us in '91 ;) , seems a little odd, however.

Liamoc123
6th Sep 2005, 22:39
You're right! Heres to all the serving men in the british forces who have fought to keep us the way we are!

Days Like These
6th Sep 2005, 22:45
I'd love to chat further one and all but being on active duty on a 24 hr station I now need to get some valuable sleeping done under the desk!

Night all!

:zzz:

Always_broken_in_wilts
7th Sep 2005, 05:46
If you want to meet him again, or plenty of other Jag mates for a more "in depth" interview then I would suggest frequenting some of the "Sauna's" in the Colt area :E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

L Peacock
7th Sep 2005, 19:45
Jacko

If anyone ever accuses you of sycophancy, they'd have me to answer to.:E

Jackonicko
7th Sep 2005, 20:25
LP,

I meant what I said, but should perhaps justify what may have seemed OTT. Over the past few days, following a news item reminding me of the first Gulf War, and as the Jag Force runs down towards retirement, I (and I suspect some others) have been thinking a great deal about the Granby Jag blokes, who exemplify the virtues I described. From their boss, Bill P, to the most junior wingman, they were an extraordinary (yet at the same time typical) bunch.

There doesn't seem an obvious, non-sycophantic, acceptable way of saying "Thank You" to these blokes, collectively or individually. Hopefully no-one will be offended by a simple 'Thank You', however, and perhaps some will see past the naff rhetoric to the genuine feeling that underlies it.

An unlikely group of defence/aviation journos were in rural Oxfordshire today, for reasons various, and meeting this evening, the Jag Force came up in conversation. It felt entirely right to 'raise a glass'.

Tomorrow, perhaps, our thoughts will turn to other groups of airmen, equally deserving of our thanks and recognition. Perhaps we could leave it at that?

Conan the Librarian
7th Sep 2005, 22:46
The esteemed gentleman referred to as subject of this thread is captured here at Fairford in the "Kebab burner bend" and I would like to thank him and all that support him for a spirited, if quiet display.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/zorbathegeek/sundries/DSC_7972.jpg

Conan

Skeleton
7th Sep 2005, 22:53
Well said!!!!!!

Long time Jag Ops mate, with a smattering of other fleet involvement in my career, and although i met some bloody good blokes on the other jets, the Jag pilots were the salt of the earth.

Im not slating any other fleet, but Jag pilots were born with what seemed to be an in-built sense of humour, i remember a huge row at flossie over jet allocation, ending in a roasting for me from one particularly objectionable Sqn Ldr who had not been on sqn long. Bill P (a sqn ldr then) waited for room to empty and said its ok, hes not a real jag mate, he used to fly V****** !!

He then took me flying on more than one occasion,and other than scaring me witless diving on one poor unsuspecting trainee QWI, showed what he did best.

I had a few (ok lots) of back seats and without doubt was always treated like they really wanted me there, and they made u feel part of the trip, "Your air tragic you work the radios" lol :)

Hope none works out who am i am! and i hope no one sees the need to slag the post off.

Respect Jag mates!