PDA

View Full Version : Gay Thread Deletion

Scud-U-Like
6th Sep 2005, 21:39
What happened to the thread "Gay Pride?". Was it pulled by the originator or the mods. Why?

SmilingKnifed
6th Sep 2005, 22:09
It seemed a fairly reasoned debate to me.:confused:

plans123
6th Sep 2005, 22:12
and quite amusing as well!!!!

An Teallach
6th Sep 2005, 22:17
Shame, I was enjoying that! Didn't see it for a few hours before it disappeared, but there didn't seem to be anything too offensive on it last time I looked.:confused:

Scud - check your PMs.

FishHead
6th Sep 2005, 22:34
Perhaps due to the conversation wandering off the military specfic focus?

And of course, the lack of any chance of those holding opposing views ever arriving at a middle ground ;)

An Teallach
6th Sep 2005, 22:49
But as a historical document it did show how far we've come since last year (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142605&perpage=15&highlight=gay%20pride&pagenumber=1). Jings, even Beags had mellowed from what last year appeared to be visceral disgust to this year exchanging good-natured banter with a gay chap!

Onan the Clumsy
7th Sep 2005, 03:06
Can we at least have one more mention of the toe curling/wearing tights comment, (for the sake of posterity)?

Yes it was an interesting, well phrased and fairly non abusive thread.

BlueEagle
7th Sep 2005, 05:45
It is currently in the Admin forum, in it's entirety, as a few questions have been raised, it is possible that it may return.

6Z3
7th Sep 2005, 08:50
I'd been plucking up the nerve to contribute something meaningful, then poof, the thread disappeared on me.

Bring it back, there's plenty of mileage left in this one.

teeteringhead
7th Sep 2005, 09:31
poof, the thread disappeared on me. :rolleyes:

An Teallach
7th Sep 2005, 10:19
Onan

Jings! I'm psychic (burn the witch!). I'd already preserved ZH875's masterpiece for posterity:

Best of PPRuNE Mil Aircrew? (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=188749)

Don't know if the mods would consider a sticky so that Ppruners know where to nominate such gems?

Scud-U-Like
7th Sep 2005, 10:56
Of course, it's the mod's trainset. It's interesting to note, however, that last year's thread (about RAF participation in gay pride), which was far earthier, never got touched.

An Teallach
7th Sep 2005, 11:02
Yes, Scud. Last year, there were more ladies protesting too much than there were in the the Suffragettes!

I was beginning to have Pythonesque visions of legions of outraged Ppruners launching themselves under the Queen's horse;)

PPRuNe Pop
7th Sep 2005, 15:52
The thread was not deleted. But it was removed for review by the Towers. It is now returned for the time being, and we suggest that care is taken to ensure that it doesn't get degraded.