PDA

View Full Version : Gold Air Management

DC10 Crew
5th Sep 2005, 16:19
Does anyone know if there has been a shake up of the Gold Air management due to the fact that pilots and operations staff are leaving in numbers?

How does the out-sourcing of the Ops Department work in GA, seems it may be a challenge to the third-party provider.

What is the status of Operations staff recruitment after the exodous earlier this year?

bacardi walla
6th Sep 2005, 13:44
There is just one person to blame for the ongoing exodus that occurs at GDA. Work it out yourself by reading previous threads.

Daifly
6th Sep 2005, 13:52
Is it true that all the Ops duties were outsourced to Baseops Europe at LGW?

Who are now closing down...

Wee Jock Mc Julie
7th Sep 2005, 15:18
Word from my contact is that either: N.P. of Chauffair fame will be steping in to the M.Ds shoes at Xmas when both he and the ops director leave.....

Or that the current Chief pilot will take over as M.D and his Deputy will become ops director...... surely this can only be good news?

checklist69
7th Sep 2005, 15:30
Oh, Wee McJulie! This is just the sort of rumour these boards thrive on. Nice one!

I can see this topic firing-up :)

CL69

bacardi walla
7th Sep 2005, 16:49
GDA will be such a better place if those two move on :p

superman9999
7th Sep 2005, 17:01
Citizens, the rumour on the streets is that someone at GA got a call from a local turbo prop op asking if a certain pilot(ops director) worked there as they had a cv from him. So xmas may be the time. NP, the legend returns. Sure to make more than a few smile.
So it was five or so years ago, the story began of one mans ruthless pursuit of chauffair. The said company fell by the wayside for reasons not of his doing, not that that stopped the gloating or credit taking. And after all this time walking around GA giving it out, having his stunt airplane fixed on the house and generally being a d**k h**d it would tickle me to see...

superman says-
All those things I can do. All those powers. And I couldn't even save him.

Daifly
7th Sep 2005, 17:13
I don't think Ladbrookes will have much money on NP returning to be honest...

superman9999
7th Sep 2005, 17:22
Ah Daifly, if only you had x-ray vision too

Daifly
7th Sep 2005, 22:38
:D

I keep trying...!

It's all a little out of the Frying Pan for me...

Mzee
8th Sep 2005, 11:51
Great news to hear NP might be back – NOT

Superman - it was specifically his doing, he was a perfect example of how to run a co for personal gain and screw the rest.

The final nail.... for Gold methinks.

4HolerPoler
9th Sep 2005, 15:45
Taking a little heat on this one - my thermal tiles are in good nick but keep this thread factual and avoid obvious libel please.

4HP

Wee Jock Mc Julie
17th Sep 2005, 23:42
4HP....Flack from who and why? Ithought thread was in spirit of pprune..i.e. R&N.........

Fact;Captain resigned with less than six months service last week

Fact; Another Captain about to resign.

Fact: Two F.O.s working hard to leave.

Fact; Another Ops chap resigned.

Rumour, gossip or just fun = Vrgin Gold, Pay rise, G4s Gulfstreams etc

;)

Vino Collapso
19th Sep 2005, 08:17
Nice list of facts there WJM, but can us non-combatants have it put into perspective.

How many staff in total on the Goldair payroll? :confused:

bacardi walla
19th Sep 2005, 09:22
Vino Collapso not as many as there were last month :ok:

Bumz_Rush
20th Sep 2005, 09:12
I worked with him several times, from the start to the finish. He is a gentleman.

Remember if you own a company it is YOURS....he always treated me well, and treated himself better, and in his shoes so would I.

end of matter.

Traffic
24th Sep 2005, 15:03
Until WC goes down the same this company will never be worth working for.

PH needs to get some cohones. Concorde time does not a manager make.

I do not work for the company.

Great concept just too many ego driven wan?ers wanting their Porches polished by the poor kids in overalls.

bacardi walla
25th Sep 2005, 09:28
The last time I saw WC he had just taken delivery of a new AUDI sport. He was more interested in the car than he was with the CAA inspection that was going on inside the building. Toys R Us springs to mind :8

Daifly
25th Sep 2005, 20:41
Yes, but he did do a very good display at Brands Hatch today...

bacardi walla
26th Sep 2005, 06:25
Daifly and your point is what ? Good flying in a stunt plane don't equal good management skills http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/constrector/cheesess.gif

Jetset41
26th Sep 2005, 13:44
BW

The last time I saw WC he had just taken delivery of a new AUDI sport. He was more interested in the car than he was with the CAA inspection that was going on inside the building. Toys R Us springs to mind

Up to date as usual there, glad you told us 3 year news there buddy.

jetset41
:hmm:

bacardi walla
26th Sep 2005, 16:23
Who said anything about having to be up to date ? http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/owen/smash.gif

I merely said it was the last time I saw him. I doubt things have changed with him anyway ! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/ruinkai/leapfroga.gif

Daifly
26th Sep 2005, 20:22
No point Walla , I was using sarcasm (lowest, I know...) just to try and lighten the boredom in the oft-repeating Gold Air posts...

We know that you don't like him. You don't need to keep on and on about it.

(Attack being the best form of defence, you started it by asking me what my "point" was...)

4HolerPoler
26th Sep 2005, 21:59
I'm closing this thread - sure, where there's smoke...............but currently all we're seeing is some casual sniping by anonymous individuals who appear to be primarily motivated by material envy. Please feel free to open a new thread.

4HP