PDA

View Full Version : Djibouti, Mauritius.

Master Warning!
5th Sep 2005, 11:11
The boss wants to go to Mauritius, so we are flying there next week, with a fuelstop in Djibouti.

All preperations have gone well, except for one thing; do we need to spray insecticide and display the cans before we can open the door in these countrys? If the answer is yes, what kind of spray do we need and where to buy it.

All info is much appreciated.

Greetings, MW!

FlyMD
5th Sep 2005, 11:17
Djibouti? are you serious?
I must be out of date, because the last time I looked, Djibouti was an "avoid at all costs" destination....
Has anybody been there recently?

Mzee
5th Sep 2005, 11:31
Went to M and back via Khartoum for a tech stop in the early hours. No problems except fuel a bit slow and a Flt Plan hickup (have a filled-in standard one to give to Hdlg Agent).
The only area that needs carefull attention is a diversion, we used Aswan but a bit far on the way back.

V1 Rotate
5th Sep 2005, 14:31
Djibouti is just fine, a lot of Americans there fighting the war on terror. The Sheraton is a bit smelly though.
In Mauritius you MUST do the insecticide drill they are quite officious there.
If you want any more info on these or any other places in that region just PM me.

V1 Rotate:ok:

Mzee
6th Sep 2005, 07:29
V1 we didn't do the insecticide routine. Arrived and offloaded the pax into their cars and got on as usual. Mind you it was in the middle of a downpour so maybe it was all too difficult to raise the subject.
Still wouldn't go via Djibouti though.