PDA

View Full Version : Turboprops&Jet

Johnman
4th Sep 2005, 22:29
At the companies that have both Jet aircrafts like an A320, B737 and turboprops like a DHC-8, Saab 340 what would be the difference in basic salaries between the flight crew flying the Jet and the flight crew flying the Turbo. Can you give a live examples, and what is the best way to handle these financial issues with a fair system to all crews?

monkeyboy
5th Sep 2005, 07:41
I've just transferred from the DHC-8-300 to the ERJ145 with my airline and I took home a 75% payrise.

I do not believe the 75% rise is justifiable. ie: the TP pay should not be as low as it is in the first place.

SKY's4ME
5th Sep 2005, 10:27
All depends on the company.
BACX is a prime example of an airline paying peanuts for its Dash guys and industry standard for its other A/C types.

Other operators are paying their Turbo prop FO's the same as Jet FO's!

skys4me

abracadabra
5th Sep 2005, 11:13
www.ppjn.com will reveal all, except, of course, the actual reasons for the differences

Johnman
7th Sep 2005, 00:18
Thank you all,it seems not fair for the turboprop pilots,but it seems thats the policy everywhere.

CruisingSpeed
7th Sep 2005, 07:45
Higher pay for jettransport pilots is due to higher exposure to cosmic radiation, remember, radiation rises exponentially above 29.000 feet.

Think of it as severance pay. :ouch:

Plus, too much fun down there in the soup, dont assume those managers havent noticed... :D

Johnman
9th Sep 2005, 00:48
It seems that the turboprob pilots get approx 60% of the salary of the jet pilots . Again there are many factors to be considered on both sides of the coin to come up with a fair payscale.

mealie puddins
10th Sep 2005, 16:35
75% is that net or gross, either way it's a lot of extra money. You keeping the same seat.

monkeyboy
10th Sep 2005, 17:57
That's gross without duty pay and still in the RHS.

As mentioned earlier, my company pays its TP FOs peanuts but normal-ish rates for jet FOs.

Johnman
12th Sep 2005, 22:39
Sometimes the case is when you have co-pilots with little or no experience, the start salary would be low till they finish the training and build some experience.