PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Maintenance

cognac
4th Sep 2005, 21:37
How true is the rumour that QF is looking to send both the 767s and the 737s OS for heavy maintenance?

sys 4
4th Sep 2005, 22:52
744 going as well,bring it on time to move on,i'm sure China will give them value for money.GIVE ME A PACKAGE GEOFF,I'VE HAD ENOUGH YOU HAVE BROKEN MY WILL TO STAY IN THE GAME WELL DONE.You have achieved what you set out to do.I'll be moving on to that gov job nexted down the coast,time for a sea change.Where do i sign little Johnny.

B772
5th Sep 2005, 13:09
I am not surprised to hear of the "possibility"

United has just announced their entire fleet of 56 x B777's will have heavy maintenance performed in China in an attempt to save money and hopefully survive.

The contract is for 5 years and the first 5 a/c will be nose to tail.

I am told there is an agreement between QF and SQ for some A380 maintenance to be performed in SIN.

sys 4
5th Sep 2005, 21:49
good i hope they send the whole fleet off shore ,then we can all work for little johnny with all the gov benefits that go with it.BRING ON THE PACKAGES.

sys 4
6th Sep 2005, 21:58
neither am i,but after only a few years at QF i have had enough, worked for a few airlines over the years and i have never worked for an outfit like this before,bring on the packages.

PS. i too have a young family and the stress is not worth it.