PDA

View Full Version : Rude SAA Staff

putco
4th Sep 2005, 14:02
So we're off to Durbs from PE and along the way my wife motions with her hand for the attendant to come and help us. He shakes his head, so she motions again. Once more, he shakes his head and indicates for her to press the button. She presses it and he comes over, cancels the light and proceeds to verbally bollock her for being so rude and base by using her hand to call him.

I had sworn in the past that I would never again travel SAA but this is now it, over...

Gunship
4th Sep 2005, 16:57
Flew Nationwide to LGW (no place on BA) and will not easily change back ... definately NOT to SAA.

Maybe the best treatment I have ever received from cabin crew in guppy class :ok:

Vivaaaaaaa "Low cost airlines" :ok:

B Sousa
4th Sep 2005, 19:55
Great Braai prior to 'Outta Africa" part number who cares. I guess I will risk the rath of the Mods.....tell me the Attendant was Blond and Blue.............................

praenoscere
5th Sep 2005, 06:34
It can only be that during training ( or the lack thereof) the SAA cabin staff are not taugh to think but to merely react on impulses - call signs by hand is not covered in the training manual , and can therefore not be reacted on.:yuk: To get their attention the correct button must be activated:*Perhaps Pavlof is the Chief Instructor :( :(

nyathi
5th Sep 2005, 13:30
I flew nationwide the other day from George to Jhb and must add that it was awsome. The cabin staff was friendly and the crew did on heluva job. Food and beverages was outstanding quality. Previously I only flew SAA, trust me thats changed.

My vote for NATIONWIDE!!

yogibear
14th Sep 2005, 18:52
Hey guns...agree with you 100 %........but the only connection between Nationwide and a Low cost airline is the ticket price....you get all the frills and service for a 'no frills' price.

C'mon Uncle Vernon....get another 76 so you can do LGW on a daily basis.....;)

spacedaddy
15th Sep 2005, 06:53
Without the voyager program and government backing of losses and bad decisions SAA would be gone inside a year. I don't expect any arguments on this.
Sticking to the topic, I feel more of a bother than welcome. Always the last choice.