PDA

View Full Version : Miss England crowned.

SilsoeSid
4th Sep 2005, 11:46
First Muslim Miss England crowned

A teenager who was born in Uzbekistan has become the first Muslim beauty contestant to be crowned Miss England.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40760000/jpg/_40760990_missengland203body.jpg

The Miss World championships will be held in December.

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/4212412.stm)

tart1
4th Sep 2005, 11:49
She's not my type. :}

kissmysquirrel
4th Sep 2005, 12:23
No good looking white women in England anymore?

I don't think the winner above is nice looking at all. Bit of a minger I think.

Tonic Please
4th Sep 2005, 12:40
I think she's pig ugly.. but I think most of the Miss X girls are ugly.

I've seen absolute killers walking down roads or sitting on buses.

Load of bs if you ask me.

Buster Hyman
4th Sep 2005, 12:42
"Put it back on! Put it back on!"

Onan the Clumsy
4th Sep 2005, 12:44
Does that thing on her head help her get better reception?

BlueDiamond
4th Sep 2005, 12:49
Not from this lot. :rolleyes:

4th Sep 2005, 13:41
I was wondering if it's another case of "political correctness".

It reminds me a bit of Halle Berry, and her Oscar speech.

This moment is so much bigger than me. This moment is for Dorothy Dandridge, Lena Horne, Diahann Carroll. It's for the women that stand beside me, Jada Pinkett, Angela Bassett, Vivica Fox. And it's for every nameless, faceless woman of color that now has a chance because this door tonight has been opened.

She didn't once say anything about getting the award because she was a good actress. The whole speech was about her colour, and lots of mentions of other black actresses.

Dead_Heading
4th Sep 2005, 13:53
Colour, race or religion should have NOTHING to do with it. At all. She's a Muslim? That has nout at all to do with her worthiness to win the prize, da?

Blerg, not my type either.

If you are good enough, you will suceed, regardless of your race/religion.

airship
4th Sep 2005, 13:57
"Put what back on?! Put what back on?!" :confused:

candoo
4th Sep 2005, 14:04
But........

I, presumably, was under the misapprehension that Miss England should be English (Muslim or not) but Uzbeckithingymijig aint on my road map.

BTW once dated a Miss England, she was on the stage when those Animal Rights peeps interfered with events many moons ago - happy days.

Nowadays one can feel in my bones the onset of winter.

Onan the Clumsy
4th Sep 2005, 14:08
I got to wear Miss America's crown once

...but that's a story for another time :O

airship
4th Sep 2005, 14:11
Did you cry a lot Onan...? :{

Send Clowns
4th Sep 2005, 14:18

Probably because she isn't - she's a crap actress. I haven't seen Monsters, for which I believe she won the award, but she's ben pretty poor in eveything I have seen her in, so I would be surprised if she gave the year's top performance.

Tonic

Should see current Miss Newcastle - she is very pretty, certainly should have beaten the person in that photo, and a pleasant, down-to Earth lass too, as a Geordie :p . Her boyfriend is a friend of mine, and an FO.

Alpha Leader
4th Sep 2005, 14:29
Dead_Heading:

I believe religion had a lot to do with it, as the new Miss England refused to pose in a two-piece bathing suit, as this was against her religion.

Another case of PC gone absolutely mad
:yuk:

4th Sep 2005, 14:34
Colour, race or religion should have NOTHING to do with it. At all

I totally agree, but the important word is "should".
In the UK today, who knows?

hemac
4th Sep 2005, 14:44
I don't care what religion or colour she is.

As long as she wears the swimsuit, otherwise someone else's poxy religion is interefering with my voyeuring enjoyment; and quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about the views and opinions of the Muslim, Hindu, Catholic, New Age Scientist or any other religious beliefs (not FACTS).

Nuff said. Bring on the dancing girls. Hendonism forever.

H.

frostbite
4th Sep 2005, 14:57
"Hendonism forever"

Isn't that where they train PCs?

Certain people won't be satisfied until we have a black lesbian paraplegic prime minister - this could be the first step.

Onan the Clumsy
4th Sep 2005, 15:07
Who would those "certain people" be? and is your reaction to them any different from their reaction to the current world they see around them - apart from "Shouldn't" replacing "should" of course.

I have to concede your other point though. I didtinctly remember the flambouyant and pipe smoking Alfred Thorncastle winning the Mr Britain competition in 1934, a mere thirty years before Harold Wilson was elected to Number Ten.

One more point: aren't lesbians generally hailed as a good thing here on prune? Or is that only if we're allowed to watch? :}

Dead_Heading
4th Sep 2005, 15:12
Anti racism is one thing, positive discrimination (where this country is going fast towards) is another, it is, ultimately racism. Positive discrimination, wrapping up of ethnic groups in cotton wool and suchlike, things like the BBC "Asian Network" are patronising and alienating at best.

Also things like saying the St, George flag are insulting to other religions, IT IS THEIR NATIONS FLAG. Pathetic, patronising and alienating, and have the exact opposite of what they try to achieve.

Alpha Leader
4th Sep 2005, 15:17
When I think of all the institutionalised and the petty racism my wife and I - as non-Indians - are subject to on a virtually daily basis, it make me sick to think of all the :mad: going on in the UK.

Just a few days ago, BBC World showed a background report on the Gate Gourmet situation. They featured a Punjabi female Gate Gourmet worker, setting out to her "underpaid job" in a Mercedes C180

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Tonic Please
4th Sep 2005, 16:45
I'm gonna try to be careful :hmm: but I have absolutely nothing against what people believe or what colour their skin is. The trouble is, is that alot of the problems in this world, in England and France (as they are my countries of knowledge) and in my own towns in each, it always seems to be the "coloured" bunch from the same old places in the world who do the things "against society"

And, honestly, every single day I try to prove myself wrong. I try to find proof that its not always the same group of individuals. But, unfortunately, day after day after month, I am never failed by them.

I could list example after example where the "coloured" people have been a friggin nuisance and never have I witnessed the same things from "non coloured" people.

Every journey on a train, especially on the eurostart between paris and London I am astounded to have to ALWAYS walk through a "family" of blacks, be it asian or african, who have set up camp on the train. It smells of something (food?), and the bags are everywhere, toys everywhere, kids laying everywhere.

In the streets, its the coloured people shouting abuse more than the whites and i see more coloured people walking onto public transport without tickets than whites. (Yes i did it once, got buggered and now dont do it).

How the hell are we, the so called racist white people supposed to not appear racists when most of the trouble in various forms, is carried out by the same groups from the same parts of the world with the same colour???

And this BS miss world is another example. The "coloured lady" Muslim wont pose because of her religion. FK OFF then. You knew what was involved, you one, and now you balls everything up by not carrying out your duty as the crown holder.

Never cease to amaze me and I am doubtful to think they ever will.

And to end, I dont think this should be deleted due to racism as that will seriously take the p!ss.

I cant talk in my own country about my own views. Its always gonna be snow WHITE, WHITE SNOW, a BLACK board with me.

:*

captain cumulonimbus
4th Sep 2005, 16:46
shes fit,got her number?

Caslance
4th Sep 2005, 16:48
I could list example after example where the "coloured" people have been a friggin nuisance and never have I witnessed the same things from "non coloured" people.Seen many "coloured" chavs lately? :hmm:

Tonic Please
4th Sep 2005, 16:51
They're a pathetic little group mate you cant compare I don't think...

kissmysquirrel
4th Sep 2005, 16:53
Why not put a huge wall around bir'minger'ham and then all those who consider themselves to be ethnic in origin can live happily ever after with no racist comments, have all the mosques/churches/wigwams etc that they want and even have their own BBC (Brown Broadcasting Channel). That would put an end to the political correctness gone mad.

As for Black or white Chavas?
:D

Jerricho
4th Sep 2005, 17:11
Did you cry a lot Onan...?

Only when they took it off him.

captcat
4th Sep 2005, 17:29
Tonic Please,
if your post is not deleted for racism it will not be, since the Moderators of this place don't delete because of flawed logic :hmm:

What you are saying is that there is a good chance that people coming from underdeveloped third world countries have chances of having poor or non existent education, manners, civil awareness, and on top of that being a little underskilled in personal hygiene? Big deal.
We let them in because we need cheap labour (you didn't think they are here because we want to rescue them from the poverty they had in their countries of origin?), but we don't like the fact that they are not at EU (I'm not saying "UK" because it is a common issue in EU) standards socially. If they were educated, well mannered etc, they'd ram our stinky underpaid jobs down our throats and tell us to go clean our own toilets ourselves and ask for decent wages and work conditions instead.
And anyway what do you propose? That we kick them all out? Even the "good" ones?
Well, maybe. But then I propose that at the same time we kick out all males.

It is proved that almost all rapists are males.

How the hell are we, the so called sexist females supposed to not appear sexist when most of the trouble in various forms, is carried out by the same gender ???

Kick 'em out, I say! :*

shut that door
4th Sep 2005, 17:36
I thought at one time it use to be Miss UK?

Maybe we should all start reading the Koran, Jezz their taking over this country.