PDA

View Full Version : Canberra Bow Out

Flarkey
4th Sep 2005, 10:31
Quick Question?

Is the RAF still goining to maintain a Photographic Reconnaissance capability after the disbandment of 39 (1 PRU) Sqn?

I'd have thought they may have kept 39 Sqn and used modified Tornado GR4As with perhaps an extra wet film pod on it (or given the backseater a disposable camera)....

Just wondering like....

Flarkey

ZH875
4th Sep 2005, 11:41
If it costs more than £0.00 per year, the probable answer is no, unless the aircraft can carry a set of golf clubs to St Andrews, or maybe Mrs UK President to a speaking trip in the USA

Just hang the loadie out of the window with his box brownie.

Beeayeate
4th Sep 2005, 12:35
PR capability will be undertaken by a Sqn Ldr and two man support team using a Vauxhall Corsa equipped with a Kodak digital camera and a book of tokens for a chain of Internet Cafes.

This same team will, when not tasked on operational missions, carry out map-making sorties globally, all over East Anglia. Equipment will include two sharp pencils, a shorthand notepad and a small, but hi-tech, compass. No offensive or defensive armament is expected to be carried although the Corsa will be equipped with sparkler fireworks in lieu of flares.

Set Me Free
4th Sep 2005, 16:40
I take it the Corsa will be on a PFI and any unused time will be re-rented to Hertz?!

Devil's Aardvark 8
4th Sep 2005, 16:52
The RAF will have paid an extra Five Grand or so to have the aircon, power steering and central locking removed from the Corsa. It will also be a lovely shade of metallic turquoise. Where was that thread about gay pride?

Krystal n chips
4th Sep 2005, 17:21
Will the chav dispenser be fitted as standard or an optional extra ?depending on wever wun speaks Ingulish of coorse

The Nr Fairy
4th Sep 2005, 18:36
Mettalic turquoise ? I'll have you know a) the correct colour is Brocade Yellow and b) it's a cinch to find in car parks, even in East Anglia.