PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best

Enola Gay
3rd Sep 2005, 13:06
They have all been discussed at some point so who do you think is the best?

FO at:

British Airways
Cathay Pacific
Emirates
Virgin Atlantic

I mean overall package not just money or specific Aircraft type. Who do you feel is the best of em all and most of all whom do you feel are the happiest chappies? :)

Answers on a postcard please.... :)

145qrh
3rd Sep 2005, 13:27
Emirates....got to be.......!!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Crazy Fists
3rd Sep 2005, 14:06
145qrh,

Think you might be right. But if it is one of the others.....it ain't BA

Easy Glider
3rd Sep 2005, 14:15
Emirates ???????? Think you need to have a look at previous posts on that subject

coded_messages
3rd Sep 2005, 14:19
My opinion VS. They seem to have the balance right - You never see moaning VS pilots on here, that in itself is testament to VS.

Autobrake Low
3rd Sep 2005, 16:04
Enola - INMHO i believe it would be BA or VS. The only negative thing about BA is the time to command but the FO salary earning makes up for that if you can stick it in the RHS.
Negative point for me about VS - only longhaul (predominantly ultra-longhaul) leading to fights for ldgs etc. Otherwise seems to be a good outfit with good equipment, good routes, and better time to command.
I suspect that the reason less VS crew are moaning in these threads is that to get there in the first place they have experienced the low cost model ops whereas the moaning BA pilots may have only experienced the good life - hence the occasional 'don't come here - its not what it used to be' offering.
Only my opinion based solely on reading previous threads.
Anyone out there joined BA or VS from a low cost background and want to describe change in lifestyle? better or worse?
:ok:

Carnage Matey!
3rd Sep 2005, 16:21
The reason you get less moaning from the VS crews is because VS don't employ BAs ground staff or cabin crew, who are the people who cause 90% of the aggro for BA pilots.:sad:

Colonel Klink
3rd Sep 2005, 20:17
Apparently they don't employ the Catering company BA uses, either!!!

PITA
3rd Sep 2005, 21:32
How old are you to start at the above airlines?

To say one is better than the other is very short sighted.
What are your goals in aviation?
Where do you see your self in 5-10 years? ( Like we can even project that)
Where do you want to work?
What type A/C do you want to fly?
where do you want to go?

If you can answer these questions, than tell me how you made that decision.
I have been flying jets for 20 years now, and had to start over as an F/O, as my previous company filed for bankruptcy twice now and abrogated all contracts from the last 35 years of collective bargining.
(Don't cry for me Argentina!!).

Point is, sometimes you get a choice to pick a company to work for, some times you take the job that is offered.

Apply to all 4 airlines. What do you have to lose but the time applying.

What ever happens, just rember that it's the journey that counts. Not how you got there.

Best of luck!!!!

PITA

Flying Clog
5th Sep 2005, 13:25
Very interested to hear what people generally think of Cathay Pacific...

coded_messages
5th Sep 2005, 18:48
clog send me a message with your questions...

Danny
5th Sep 2005, 19:08
PITA asked:How old are you to start at the above airlines?

To say one is better than the other is very short sighted.
What are your goals in aviation?
Where do you see your self in 5-10 years? ( Like we can even project that)
Where do you want to work?
What type A/C do you want to fly?
where do you want to go?1. I was 48 when I started with VS.
2. To enoy a lifestyle that allows me enough time off and earn enough money to enjoy that time off. Also, to enjoy flying the a/c type I fly and to enjoy my time downroute at the destinations.
3. In 5 years I see myself still flying the same a/c type but to be a much better pilot than I am now. In 10 years I see myself enjoying my retirement.
4. I want to work from anywhere that is within commuting distance, which for me now is LHR.
5. I wanted to fly the B747 and that's what I'm flying.
6. I want to go home after each trip, which is what I do, four or five times a month.

Hope that answers some questions. :)