PDA

View Full Version : Excel

GrahamCurry
3rd Sep 2005, 12:38
http://tinyurl.com/dzxah

flyingbee
3rd Sep 2005, 13:29
For the benefit of other readers the link refers to a newpaper artical about an Excel Airways flight from the Dom Rep to Newcastle that turned around 2 hours into the flgiht because of engine trouble. 45 passengers were refusing to reboard the aircraft branding it as dangerous.

Codman
3rd Sep 2005, 14:25
Amazing the breadth of training a road surfacing company foreman receives if it encompasses powerplant engineering.

mach79
3rd Sep 2005, 16:10
Could be a fuel filter clog?

Two's in
3rd Sep 2005, 16:52
Not always applicable, but in most cases there is a simple mathematical formula for determining the total risk to the airplane:

Start with the Total number of plebs on board multiplied by the number of days since desperate journo's had anything to write about = S. This is then multiplied by the AMSL value the event occured =H

This is then divided by the number of recent "plane hits orphanage, millions die screaming" stories in the media in the last 3 months = I. Finally the resultant value is measured against the elapsed time from the plane landing to the first regional newspaper getting hold of the "story = T.

Although some components may be inverse functions in the Southern Hemisphere, or negative values when crossing the International Date Line, it is fair to say that the true risk value is always of function of the S, H, I, and T components as reported in the story.

Hotel Mode
3rd Sep 2005, 19:23
Yup Engine oil filt message. A/C already non etops due APU inop. Air Atlanta are demolishing Excels previous good reputation with the problems on their 75/76 fleet.

fmgc
4th Sep 2005, 02:44
previous good reputation ?????????????????

SamGuest
4th Sep 2005, 03:06
Typical of XLA's TF-ATU

Longchop
4th Sep 2005, 07:30
Always had alot of respect for Excel myself. It wasn't long ago that a BA 744 had an engine failure and the crew decided to continue across the pond!

Two's in: Thats a bit of a queer post!!!:yuk: :yuk:

Hotel Mode
4th Sep 2005, 10:00
Well they did used to have the best punctuality and won several awards.

The Thomas Cook charters from NCL have certainly taken a beating as the same aircraft returned to Holguin with an inflight shut down a fortnight ago which resulted in the NCL flights being delayed. I dont think this contract will be repeated in a hurry.

As for the BA thing, the subtle difference between a 767 and a 747 has been discussed ad infinitum.

By the way does TF-ATU have RR engines?

Two's in
4th Sep 2005, 14:20
Sorry Longchop, just suffering from Compassion Fatigue at all the tosh being printed about aircraft falling out of the sky this summer. I'll increase my medication immediately.

Maude Charlee
4th Sep 2005, 17:54
It's the cleaners and CC I feel sorry for. The a/c looked like ww3 took place on the way home. The sooner XLA get rid of all connections to TF registered a/c and crew, the better.

threestable
4th Sep 2005, 19:28
Charlee...........
having just studied your postings, and getting a feel for your depth of knowledge regarding all things aviation related, I suggest that you remain as you are, and try and keep the vitriol reference AAI, AAE, Excel to a minimum. not all of us are what you obviously think., in fact the majority are just trying to do our best for Excel et al. The people that you have just dismissed as TF related (i.e. crews) you may be surprised to find actually do give a sh!t., do get bothered about customer response, and the regular diabolical turnaround at NCL. One (singular ) aircraft is susceptible to delays when niggling intermittent problems crop up. There is no other because it is not part of the package.
So please wind it in, damning all things TF or AA related... you do not know who you are insulting in these muddy waters and remember...... Excel is Avion, who after investing heavily are not interested in dragging Excel down. Get rid of the Icelandic input, you would in fact get rid of Excel.
I am bitter about a poor Summer and believe me Air Atlanta issues are but a small part, but optimistic for the future. Contribute something interesting to the topic, instead of your usual 'anti 'vibe.. Feel the need to get it off your chest PM me, or better still meet me on arrival one day
Yours jaded, TS.

GrahamCurry
5th Sep 2005, 12:03
Plane worries leave hol families in limbo:-
http://tinyurl.com/d9hor

spoilers yellow
5th Sep 2005, 15:12
Why would the APU inop make a 767 non-ETOPS, would it not just down grade it to 138min Rule?

pieboyjr
5th Sep 2005, 15:20
Peurto Plata story is on the front of the Newcastle Journal today.

SamGuest
6th Sep 2005, 13:26
Who ever asked about TF-ATU's engines, i think they are GE (from memory).

I will agree that the CC of XLA do give a damn, because if the customers are majorily peeved off with the airline, guesse who they spend 8-10 hours stuck in a cabin? the CC are pretty much the only people from the airline who the pax come face-to-face with which means they some times take the full lash of things and get "looked down on" through the flight.

Nothing wrong with XLA, but TF-ATU has been causing major problems at NCL quite alot recently, I've seen delays up to 2 days long because of it, but Monarch and First Choice seem to be doing fine...

Durelli
7th Sep 2005, 08:25
Hi,

I've heard a story about an Excel flight into Gatwick recently that was damaged by a hailstorm putting the aircraft out of service.

Apparently the cabin crew were badly shaken by this to.

Does anyone on here know anything about this?

cheers

Durelli
(Son of a famous Italian Tyre Maker)

Durelli
7th Sep 2005, 10:19
Found the answer in another forum here, TF-ARD hailstorm damage on 22nd August, repaired at Monarch in Luton.

Thanks

SamGuest
7th Sep 2005, 18:19
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/911365/L/

There's a pic of it all smashed in from the hail

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/911365/L/

Lee-a-Roady Moor
9th Sep 2005, 21:41
"The pilot screeched to a halt and we could smell burning. We were terrified.

Any idea what happened to the aircraft .......:D :D