PDA

View Full Version : Fu*king,Austria

captain cumulonimbus
3rd Sep 2005, 13:32
Beforeyou have an aneurism,this is REALLY the name of a town in Austria,according to a local newspaper and radio station,both of which ran stories saying british tourists wereannoying them by stealing road signs in their town.Wouldnt you change your towns name if it was anything like that????

BOFH
3rd Sep 2005, 13:43
I'm sure this has featured here before, along with Wan King path in HKG, Intercourse in the USA and so forth.

Go to www dastelefonbuch.de and fill your boots. 91 entries for the 'f' word+'er'. I can also confirm that there are just 28 [email protected] in Germany. Could have fooled me.

BOFH:p

[email protected] is German for 'Prime Minister' - FACT

captain cumulonimbus
3rd Sep 2005, 13:45
mr blair should consider going to germany-nominative determinalism i believe thy call it.

Kaptin M
3rd Sep 2005, 13:59
Done here - click on link > No F#&cking way...by Ozzy (http://pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187842) a couple of days ago (which is a lifetime in Jet Blast!)

BOFH
3rd Sep 2005, 13:59
'von Ribbentrop' = 'Foreign Secretary'
'Goering' = 'Deputy PM'
(when you think about it, that holds pretty true)

I wish I had root access to the Babelfish server - imagine the fun you could get up to.

:ok:

BOFH

Edited to say: Yep, Kaptin, JBers have the memory of a mirror.:D

MMEMatty
3rd Sep 2005, 18:55
My mate once lived in Dildo, Newfoundland.

Matty

tinpis
3rd Sep 2005, 19:06
There really IS a Bumfuk Idaho? :ooh:

shut that door
3rd Sep 2005, 22:25
There is a place named Twatt on the Shetland Islands, just wondering what the collective is?

X-QUORK
4th Sep 2005, 08:00
There is a small village in Bavaria called [email protected] Every Brit squaddy who visited that area has a pic of themselves underneath the village roadsign "going through the motions" as it were.

Just Googled and it even has a [email protected]:

http://www.deutschland-webcam.de/webcams/details-151.html

Jordan D
4th Sep 2005, 08:00
As an aside .... this week the town in the name of this thread has put up yet another set of road signs after the previous ones were stolen by foreigners. Except this time the signs are encased in concrete.

Where there's a will, there's a way!

Jordan

UwantME2landWHERE!
4th Sep 2005, 09:53
shut that door,

It's the stick that makes your heli go up and down...:ok: :E :rolleyes: