Two Arms
Two Hands
Two Steely Bands
Beneath the Southern cross I Stand
A fig of Fern Clasped in my Hand
A product of my native Land
When Suddenly a voice within me cried

NEW ZEALAND ....YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!!!
so up the ol brown kiwi,and drink more Piss!!!!

mor.....YOU GOT YOUR ARSES HANDED TO YOU ON A PLATE!
I notice your post wasnt very long.....ie mate... there wasnt much to say about their bloody game.....5 losses in a row :yuk:
kia kaha....GO THE MIGHTY ALLBLACKS!!

tinpis
3rd Sep 2005, 17:53
So whats wrong with the Worriers then?

ZK-NSJ
3rd Sep 2005, 22:44
anyone want to take bets on how long gregan and that little dumpy coach of theres lasts for thats 5 losses in a row now

blueloo
3rd Sep 2005, 23:27
I hope they get rid of our pigmy coach. Whilst the wobbolies havent done THAT badly under him, they havent exactly been Star performers, nor have they shown the ability they had with McQueen. He seems to destabilize the team so much by swapping and changing every game, despite injuries etc.

Get rid of eddy. Its long overdue.

Well done NZ. (Cough choke ....!!) :} :}

Kiwi666
3rd Sep 2005, 23:44
The Aussies couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag even if they tried...

blueloo
3rd Sep 2005, 23:48
AT least we didnt vote a man disguised as a female for our PM.

:}

iceblock
4th Sep 2005, 01:47
At least NZ doesn't bend over for Bush and then again for Blair. If you give it out so easily theres no respect in the morning...

Transition Layer
4th Sep 2005, 02:00
Sorry but I had to dig this one out...

50,000 Kiwis meet in Eden Park for a "Kiwis Are 'Not' Stupid" Convention.

Helen Clark (PM) says, "We are all here today to prove to the world thet Kiwis are not stupid....Ken I hev a volunteer."

Carlos Spencer gingerly works his way through the crowd and steps up to the stage....Helen asks him, "What uz fufteen plus fufteen?"

After fufteen or 20 seconds Carlos blurts out, "Eighteen!"

Obviously everyone is a little disappointed. Then all 50,000 Kiwis start chanting, "GUV HUM ANOTHER GO! GUV HUM ANOTHER GO!"

Helen says, "Well sunce we've gone to the trouble of gitting 50,000 of you un one place, end we have the world wide priss end global broadcast media here, I thunk we ken guv hum another chance."

So she asks Carlos another one, "What uz sivven plus sivven?"

After nearly 30 seconds eventually says,"Ninety!"

Helen is quite perplexed, looks down and just lets out a dejected sigh, everyone is disheartened.

Carlos starts crying and the 50,000 Kiwis begin to yell and wave their hands shouting, "GUV HUM ANOTHER GO! GUV HUM ANOTHER GO!"

Helen, unsure whether or not she is doing both Carlos and her country more harm than good, eventually she says, "Ok! Ok! Just one more chance she asks him another one...What uz two plus two?"

Carlos closes his eyes, musters all his mental powers and after a whole minute, fires out his answer like a shot from the blue...."FOUR..!"

Throughout the stadium pandemonium breaks out as all 50,000 Kiwis jump to their feet, wave their arms, stamp their feet and scream...

"GUV HUM ANOTHER GO! GUV HUM ANOTHER GO!"

Cloud Cutter
4th Sep 2005, 02:44
Ha ha, excellent, although I'm sure the original version had the nations more appropriately switched (although Carlos is right where he belongs) :ok: Have any of you auzzies actually seen Cath and Kim?

MOR
4th Sep 2005, 02:48
pakeha-boy

mor.....YOU GOT YOUR ARSES HANDED TO YOU ON A PLATE!

You silly tit

I happen to live 30 miles north of the cake tin - I am not a resident of the West Island. Don't jump to conclusions!

What with the rugby and the cricket, it isn't easy being an Aussie any more... go the Poms! :ok:

Helli-Gurl
4th Sep 2005, 03:23
ok..well if we're into the kiwi jokes from Australia, here's an Ozze joke from NZ....

What is the difference between Australians and a Pot of Yoghurt?

Ans :

In 200 years the pot of yoghurt has managed to develope it's own culture!

xx

El Oso
4th Sep 2005, 04:22
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:E

Show us ya velcro gloves maaaate!

:)

Woomera
4th Sep 2005, 04:51
WARNING:

Anyone posting any adverse comments about the Australian Team, Australians, Australia, Australian beer, etc will be thread banned until the next footie test - when the Kiwis gunna get wopped!!

:mad:

Woomera

P.S. It's open season on Kiwis! :ok:

Tagneah
4th Sep 2005, 05:43
At least NZ doesn't bend over for Bush and then again for Blair. If you give it out so easily theres no respect in the morning...

If Un Zed had a decent armed force instead of relying on Oz...............

TopTup
4th Sep 2005, 07:26
What do you call a sheep chained to the side of a road in NZ?

A convenience stop.

Oh well. The sad thing is that winning the rugby is the only kind of thing that gets more kiwis aroused than Helen Clark naked. Good luck to 'em. As a near fanatical Wallably supporter some times you've just got grin and bear it..... But for all you fair weather supporters???

Lets put it in perspective. To qualify for the AB's you can be either Samoan, Tongan or Fijian. Some New Zealanders turn up occasionally. To play for the Wallabies you have to be an Australian. Remember the Tongan team after the first world cup? Within a few months they all had diferent coloured jerseies on dancing a different jig before kick-off.... Aleast Rupini Caucau had the kahoonas to play for his OWN country and not swing to the dark side, despite the near black list against him for doing it.

Get off the A Current Affair / Today Tonight / Daily Telegraph style of believing the easy publicised rubbish. Had the Wallabies of won last night Gregan would be a hero (again) and the Wallabies would be fighting the "good 'ol Aussie battla!" fight. Remember McQueen's run just prior to the World Cup? Not that great but put it together when they had to and were able - look at the injury list at present!

The cricket..... How good was it seeing McGrath and Gillespie BOTH make 50's against the kiwis not so long ago!!!! Still some of the most entertaining cricket I've seen, and still makes me laugh.

tinpis
4th Sep 2005, 08:17
:p Stu Wilson was asked about kicking a dog when its down he said "yeh its ok when its them Aussie mongrels."

B Fraser
4th Sep 2005, 08:41
If Un Zed had a decent armed force instead of relying on Oz...............

What's up ???? Are the Fijians massing the war canoes ?

I have no idea why the Southern Hemisphere need armed forces as the last invading force was the Brits a few hundred years back.

time to duck and run for cover

Tixylicks
4th Sep 2005, 09:41
Q: What do Kiwi's and Sperm have in common?

A: Millions of them come out but only one of them works!

DirtyPierre
4th Sep 2005, 09:53
As an aussie I was in somewhat of a quandry (for you kiwis, not sure which way to turn or decide) as to who I should support in the last Tri-nations test for 2005.

If the Wallabies won, then South Africa would win the series. If NZ won, then our boys would lose 5 tests in a row.

The best possible outcome, the Wallabies lost by 10 points, but scored more tries than the ABs. At least we could claim the moral victory and still shut out the Yarpies from winnning the series.

The pleasing thing is how well the new boys played for the Wallabies.

As for those who want to get rid of George and Eddy. Mate, back off! Eddie has a great record as a coach for the Brumbies and the Wallabies. 5 losses in a row isn't wonderful, but even McQueen started off losing a series before eventually winning the RWC. And you're only as good as your last game, and Georgie Gregan had a blinder!

newswatcher
4th Sep 2005, 10:03
TopTup says To play for the Wallabies you have to be an Australian
Now what colour jersey was Rathbone wearing when he captained his national under-21 side? Tuquiri and Noriega, now they're a couple of good sounding Oz names! Shall I go on?
:p :p

A great series, enjoyed every game. Looking forward to next year!

wayne_krr
4th Sep 2005, 12:06
So what is an Australian sounding name? Smith or Jones? I don't think so, better have a look at the phone book.
Definitely a few guys born outside the country that have played for the Wallas but they seem proud enough to sing the national anthem. A bit like the pommie cricket team with all those yarpies and the boy from Perth behind the stumps.
I would have to say that the aviation relevance of this thread seems rather shallow so it must be more of the 'we are better than you' stuff that props the national psyche.

OzExpat
4th Sep 2005, 13:26
You really have to take pity on the poor average Kiwi... they don't have too much to crow about between Helen Clark and their own national airline... :D There, I think I just gave this thread some undeserved respectability with an aviation reference... :}

blueloo
4th Sep 2005, 13:54
Sorry OZexpat, I am going to have to sidetrack it again....

My question is, has New Zealand run out of sheep? We only just caught a Kiwi having sexual relations with a rabbit the other week.

TopTup
4th Sep 2005, 14:08
Yes Newswatcher, to play for the Wallabies you have to be Australian.

Clyde Rathbone, and the others immigrated to Australia, became a citizen, lived full time for 12 months before being able to be considered for Wallaby selection. Thems the rules that the rest of the world of rugby adhere to EXCEPT for NZ! It is not a level playing field, which is why when the Wallabies do win it is all the more sweeter...... Even the Poms have the decency of calling a team by what it really is, ie The British and Irish Lions.

NZ rugby has raped and plundered Sth Pacific rugby, some of the most entertaining and innocent rugby in the world, for too many years. Now Sth Pacific rugby is in desperate need of help. Can't wait to see the new South Pacific team play next year, as the IRB have sanctioned their games to be test match status. I wonder how many will be allowed to play / released from the ABs?

The kiwi traditional haka is so "sacred" that they now flip between differing hakas as a media stunt.

As always the next game between The Wallabies and The FijianSamoanTonganNewZealand All Blacks will be even better again.

PS: They fly from country to country in aeroplanes - that makes it OK to dicuss on this web site I expect.

Bendy
4th Sep 2005, 23:00
Ahhh........ "The game they play in heaven"

Why is it that the All Blacks play so very well when the World Cup isn't on and play so very poorly when it is ?

Let's wait and see how the boys from the Land of the Long White Clod (or is that cloud?) go at the next RWC before we herald the begining of the era of World Rugby dominance by it's perennial under achievers.

Well done this time boys:yuk: :yuk:

NoseGear
4th Sep 2005, 23:33
Toptup, just on the subject you keep banging on about, you know, the rape and pilliage of Pacific Island rugby. Mate, let me point out a few things to you. Toutai Kefu, great Aussie name that one, he was playing for a New Zealand School team, toured Oz, back to NZ but his visa was expired, so what happened? Thats right, Oz said come on over, next thing you know, hes a Wallaby. Aussie citizen my ass. :rolleyes: What about the fijian guy, nicknamed the "human skewer", pilliged from Fiji, and that is your ARU went and got him, after he toured Aussie with Fiji and impressed your selectors. The rules as imposed by the IRB are of course followed by New Zealand, otherwise there would be sanctions or whatever. Get your facts right mate before making stupid claims.
All of the PI players have the choice of who they want to play for, almost everyone of them was born in New Zealand or came here when they were very young. And all of them choose to play for New Zealand. Don't moan like a Pom and try and deflect what is a woeful performance by the Wallabys, and the worst year in Wallaby rugby since 1968. Having said that, the next test will be great, as they all have been since the 1970's when New Zealand taught Aussie how to play.

You show your complete ignorance by saying the AllBlacks are using another Haka as a media stunt, which is insulting to say the least and not in the spirit of these boards, or this thread.

And to lighten up the mood: What do you call an Aussie in a shirt and tie?

A: The defendant

Nosey:E

blueloo
4th Sep 2005, 23:36
"Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run......don't let that Kiwi get your bum, bum bum...."

awyamuppet
5th Sep 2005, 00:47
To qoute the late but great Sir Robert Muldoon aka "piggy,"
at an interview about Nzers leaving to go to NZ' s west Island..

Circa 1981
Reporter: " well PM, what do you have to say about all about all these NZers leaving for Australia"?

Sir Rob "heh, hee, welllllllll I guess it will improve the IQ of both countries ahahaha..etc"

:E :ok:

A man of true vision and wisdom

Oh and George Greegan, " four more years....four more years ahahahaha!!!!!!

More Humour about the people from the west island

You\'re trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake and an Australian rugby fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What do you do?

A. Shoot the Australian fan - twice.

Three rugby fans were on their way to a game when one fan noticed a foot protruding from a clump of bushes on the side of the road. They all stopped and discovered it was a nude female, dead drunk. Out of respect and propriety, the Springbok fan took off his cap and placed it over her right breast. The All-Black fan took off his cap and placed it over her left breast. Following their lead, the Australian fan took off his cap and placed it over her crotch.

The police were called and when the officer arrived, he conducted his inspection. First, he lifted up the springbok cap, and wrote down some notes. Next, he lifted the All-Black cap, replaced it, and wrote down some notes. The officer then lifted the Australian cap, replaced it, lifted it replaced it, lifted it a third time and replaced it one last time.

The Australian fan was getting upset and finally asked," what are you, a pervert or something? Why do you keep lifting and looking lifting and looking?"

Well," said the officer," I am simply surprised. Normally when I look under an Australian hat, I find an @rsehole!"

Eddie Jones takes the Wallabies out for training and tells everyone to assume their normal position. So they all go and stand behind the goalposts and wait for the conversion.

An Kiwi goes to Australia with his wife; they stay in a 5 star hotel and hire a limo for the day. While driving along the road, his wife asks, "Look! What is that man doing with that kangaroo?" The man replies, "My God! Don\'t look, it\'s disgusting!"

Further down the road the wife says, "Look, another one!" and the husband says, "Disgusting! I shall report this when we get back to the hotel."

They arrive back at the hotel only to find a man with one wooden leg indulging in "self-abuse" on the steps of the hotel. The husband charges in and says to the manager, "Look, we come here in good faith, to stay in your 5 star hotel and what happens? We are driving down the road and we come across a drover in copulation with a kangaroo. Further on, recurrence of the same thing. Then we get back here only to find a man with one wooden leg, masturbating on your front steps. Well, what do you have to say about that?"

The manager says, \'S\'truth mate, you expect a man with one leg to catch his own kangaroo?"

:} :} :E

MOR
5th Sep 2005, 02:17
Yep that about covers it... rather be a sheep shagger than a roo rooter anyday... ;)

And as for Aussies trying to deflect attention from their poor performances by claiming it is all down to PI players... yeah, right. It is the same graceless inability to lose with dignity that Ponting displayed in the UK.

Still, I suppose you can still claim to be the world champs at Aussie Rules... nobody else wants to play it, so you should be OK for a while.

One thing you can say for NZ immigrants, they don't require a criminal record to get in... :ok:

Like This - Do That
5th Sep 2005, 02:44
NoseGear

Your point is well made but factually incorrect. It was Willie Ofahengaue who toured Australia with NZ Schools and had the visa stuff up. Toutai Kefu was born in Australia but his father played for Tonga, and in fact played in the 1973 test when Tonga beat Australia:ugh:

The entire rugby world treats the Pacific Islands as their cost free development system and plunders it at their will. NZ, Aus, UK, France & Irish clubs, Japanese clubs, all take take take and put little back.

Back to Saturday, the Wallabies were pretty dismal but less so this time than in the previous few games. After all not many teams put on 4 tries against a very good AB side. I thought this might be a good year after they clobbered the Boks so comprehensively in the first Mandela match .... then there was the debacle on the Veldt; then the away game against the Boks in Perth, the capital of RSA's new 'Eastern Province'; then in Sydney against the ABs.

The Wallabies scrum and lineouts are both second rate, and the rugby league style phase-phase-phase-phase business has become too easy to counter by teams that either slow down the Wallaby ball (take a bow Richie McCaw) or give them no space in the inside backs (ditto the Bok umbrella defence).

Time for a generational change, particularly in the tight five.

TopTup
5th Sep 2005, 02:49
Ah Nosegear.... mate relax. For the first time in a long while some posts on this site are witty and entertaining without getting personal and abusive. Educational? Well that's up for debate! I'm even laughing at a few of the jokes against Aussies (all be it nationalities and names have changed from similar ones I've heard...)

OK, for the 3rd time, to play for the Wallabies you have to be an Australian. THAT MAKES THEM AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN. If that is through immigration, by negotiation or by invitation the process is still the same. Many of the passports possesed by the AB's when traveling are far from New Zealand in look, colour and government!

Others from the top of my head come to mind. You refer to Illie Tabua ("The Human Skewer"!!). Toutai Kefu, Willie O, Clyde Rathbone, Jeremy Paul, and here's a good one for you - Michael Lynagh (born USA from his autobiography I think...) and I'm sure you and others can think of more. No denying that some of them were invited to play, immigrate, etc. Rathbone I believe preferred the life style in Aust to what was happening in SA. His choice entirely. Willie O came to Aust with the NZ schoolboys, lost his passport and couldn't depart with the team, Manly RFC pounced, gave him a job and accomodation, he liked it and stayed. It took a few years for him to get selected for the Wallabies.

Now, if Toutai Kefu toured Aust, went back to NZ but his visa expired and had to come back to Aust - how does that make sense? I can't say as I know the exact details.

Bottom line is, they all went through the immigration and mandatory 12 month full time residency "test" before eligable to play for the Wallabies. The same does not exist in NZ. That's all.

Sure players from the Sth Pacific might prefer to live in NZ but I wonder how many would choose to give up their nationality in its entirity if the same rules for AB selection applied as the do for the rest of the world. They have too much pride, and class. Caucau, Serevi, etc, good on you. A Fijiian, Samoan, Tongan, or any nationality living in Australia since he was 3 months old CANNOT play for the Wallabies until he becomes an Australian citizen. Take the wool out of your ears... literally!

And the haka, no offense intended. But come on, if it is so sacred why did they decide to change it out of the blue and then keep a media bandwagon going for the rest of the week as to which haka they will prounce around to before the game? If I am ignorant, I apologise. If someone knows, then tell me, without being a nasty [email protected] I know there are many "hakas"....

The Wallabies are going through a bad patch, as do NZ and SA from time time to time, and that is what makes international rugby so exciting and compelling. I'll turn up to support the boys thick or thin.

Personally, this topic is fun and good natured. Let's keep it that way.

pakeha-boy
5th Sep 2005, 03:48
Mor ya tosser.....the "sillly tit" really offends me so you need to apologize...I know where you live.....any KIWI that says the aussies lost well is not a kiwi so now I reckon your a pom!!!! and if you are....GO BACK.....if you are a kiwi then you need to take 40 lashes across the bum for being drunk on your computer and making stupid statments:yuk: .....hopefully you watched the game.....if you had said the ABS were unbelievable we would be mates....not now....and the "go poms" thing....were you asleep on lions tour.....come wally...get your hand off it.....kia kaha:{

tinpis
5th Sep 2005, 06:18
Second most entries in the Melbourne phone book is Nguyen.
http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/chinaman.gif

MOR
5th Sep 2005, 06:31
Hey Pakeha Boy

One day when you become a man (and spend the rest of your life down Cannons Creek nicking cars), you might understand what IRONY is. "Losing well" can also mean being totally outclassed (which they were). Guess those Porirua schools don't teach much English any more.

If you want to attempt to assault my bum, feel free to try. We eat the Porirua posse for breakfast up here on the coast. We save the Titahi Bay crowd for lunch.

As for the poms, well if you are pakeha you were probably pom-bred. Tell the truth now... because there is one thing worse than being an Aussie...

The AB's ruled. There you go.

And don't try the Te Reo on me, sunshine...

Buy you a beer sometime? :ok:

kiwiman
5th Sep 2005, 06:35
The ignorance of people like TopTup when it comes to Pacific Islanders playing for the ABs always frstrates me.

NZ has a very large Pacific Island population and therefore the majority of Islanders playing for the ABs were born in NZ - Lomu, Umaga, etc. Players like Rokococo and Muliaina went to school in NZ and have lived there from a young age.

At the 2003 world cup, NZ supplied more players to other countries than any other nation - a total of 39 players born in NZ were representing other countries:

- half of the Somoan team were born in NZ
- Nicky Little and five other Fijian players were born in NZ
- About five Tongan players were born in NZ
- Four players from Scotland born in NZ.....the list goes on and includes Australia, France, Japan, Italy, and Wales.

Australia had three overseas players - this has increased with Rathbone, Radke Samo etc.

No evidence of pillaging the Islands in all that - in fact without NZ and the NPC etc, Island rugby would be in an even worse state.

Get over it TopTup and get your facts right before opening your mouth - admitedly, not an easy thing for an Aussie to do.

Woomera
5th Sep 2005, 07:04
It's time to go................to Jetblast and see what the denizens there have to offer.

Time Bomb Ted
5th Sep 2005, 07:13
Russell Crowe IS a Kiwi!

Nuff Said...

TBT

AerocatS2A
5th Sep 2005, 08:46
Nope, you can have him!

We'll take Nicole Kidman if you like :)

Edit: Worth pointing out that I'm a Kiwi I suppose...

Howard Hughes
5th Sep 2005, 11:09
If it was'nt for Matt Dunning the Aussies would have WON!!

He gave away 3 penalties for 9 points in 10 minutes, just when the Aussies had control of the game. When will the Aussie selectors wake up and get rid of this clown? Even with 17 injuries he still should'nt be in our best 22.

Don't know what happened to Rokocoko, he was no where to be seen after his best on ground performance in Sydney.

I must say though Dougie Howlett what a fantastic player, got the bonus point on his own!! Shame he plays for the All Blacks!!

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

MOR
5th Sep 2005, 12:04
The Aussies had control of the game? When, in the locker room at half time...???

Shame this ended up in JB. That's what happens when all the moderators are strines... :p

pakeha-boy
5th Sep 2005, 15:29
mor...watch where you park your car.....:O

Gunship
5th Sep 2005, 16:18
lasts for thats 5 losses in a row now

3 of them from the Bokke :ok:

newswatcher
5th Sep 2005, 16:33
Toptup, IMHO a one year residency shouldn't make someone a national of the country he lives in. I would love to see more stringent rules put in place, for any country, any sport.

There's a world of difference in Gregan coming over from Zambia, at the age of one, and Rathbone. Interesting that Tongan-born Toutai Kefu now talks about wanting to compete for Tonga in the 2007 Rugby World Cup.

Probably the worst case ever was Zola Budd becoming a Brit for the 1984 Olympics, then going back to SA four years later.

Howard Hughes
5th Sep 2005, 19:52
The Aussies had control of the game? When, in the locker room at half time...???

Well at least after half time they all came out suitably attired for the game. It's not surprising they got off to such a bad start when the captain can't even remember his jersey!!

You obviously were'nt there MOR, you can't see the whole game on your TV!! There's a lot more to it than who's carrying the ball at the time and yes the Aussies were dominant for a 20 minute period after half time. If it was'nt for that :mad: Dunning they may have even had a chance.....:{

Oh well there's always next year.;)

Cheers, HH.

MOR
6th Sep 2005, 02:30
I can see all the important bits on TV, please explain how action off the ball can result in "control of the game"?

Nah, all that was happening was that the ABs were taking a rest before winding up for the killer blow. See, even resting the ABs are more than a match for the Wallabies.

Best you Aussies just admit defeat, and also admit that your national rugby and cricket sides are nowhere at the moment.

In return, I'll concede that our ping pong team is a little lacking. I might extend that to the Black Caps after the next game if they get beat, but you have to admit they ripped the Indians up in that first game (second one doesn't count as they had no fit bowlers).

And Pakeha boy , I'll be keeping a close eye out for your Mark 3 Zephyr. You must be a hang-glider pilot, not many airports in Porirua (apart from the harbour).

TopTup
6th Sep 2005, 03:45
OK. For all you kiwis I will type this VERY slowly to match your reading abilities as it seems your level of comprehension is somewhat lacking.....

For the FOURTH time: To play for the Wallabies you need to be Australian citizen. Was the typing too quick kiwiboy? Those rules DO NOT apply to NZ rugby and AB selection. Get your instructor to read this out if need be, beside the One in Suxty rule.....

No one denies that Australia has recruited and welcomed players from overseas. Read my posts (s l o w l y) if need be. The point you miss is that it doesn't matter if the player has lived in Australia for all but his 1st birthday - he is not an Australian citizen, a resident yes, but not a citizen. That does matter in Wallaby selection but does not in AB selection. That is a fact. Not too many syllables there I hope? Say F A C T slowly also if need be.

It is not an excuse for the Wallabies poor showing this year. It was just a point that I wanted to raise, but damn you kids get worked up easilly! You won, we lost. You played better rugby. That is not my arguement here. To play for the ABs you do not need to be a NZ citizen - and I don't care if player XX gripped his first sheep at the age of 5 when he came from a Pacific Island nation. It is what his nationality is when he is playing for another couuntry, not his own! That should apply to other nations as well.

It doesn't matter anymore where a player is born, but his citizenship is what should count! The ABs are a mixing pot of Fijian, Samoan, Tongan and New Zealand citizens. That is the point.

It is accepted that NZ is a slow backward country. As Charlse Darwin hypothesised (you might need your instructor again for that word...) the inhabitants adapt to their surroundings. In NZ, quite well!!!

That was a joke - lighten up!

Newswatcher, I agree with you and also wish it wasn't so. Same with the interchange rule, to change the topic. It used to be 15 v 15 on the park, barring injuries. Now a good player can be marked out the game by fresh legs every 20 mins or so.

NoseGear
6th Sep 2005, 04:32
Toptup, you don't need to talk like a flower pot just cause you've got a hole in your ass.

The AllBlacks are a "mixing pot"? Lets see, in the forwards we have 1, Rodney Soialo, born in NZ. In the backs we have, 2, Mils Muliaina, born in NZ and Joe RocoKoko, born in Fiji, in NZ since about 6. Hardly a mixing pot mate, see my other post and several others regarding this whole issue. It must be easy to get citizenship in Aussie then, if Wille O, Ilea Tabua, Toutai Kefu etc, all have it. :E By the way, does whats his names brother playing for Wales, have Welsh citizenship? The rules are as set by the IRB, which everyone follows, read that twice if you need to. I am typing very slowly cause you don't seem too smart, let me know if that helps you.

"It doesn't matter anymore where a player is born, but his citizenship is what should count! The ABs are a mixing pot of Fijian, Samoan, Tongan and New Zealand citizens."

Even you call them citizens, are we contradicting ourselves? Let me know it that word it too big for you, won't you?

Have a nice day. I know I am, just a little cramped in here with all these damn trophies. :E

Nosey

PS. I do agree with you re the interchange rule. I believe thats why they called it a "test" match, 80 minutes to test yourself against the best from that country.

kiwiman
6th Sep 2005, 04:34
I'll take your word for the citizenship requirement - first I have heard of it and would like to see Radke's papers to prove it - that all happened a little too quickly for ciizenship to be granted.

Anyway - I think it is more honourable to have Rokococo, who was living in NZ since schoolboy days, to be an AB, than Rathbone, who came to oz and rushed through a citizenship application, to run out for the Wallabies. A piece of paper proves nothing - at least Rokococo was created from the NZ rugby system - Rathbone is pure Bokke.

RiskyRossco
6th Sep 2005, 05:10
blueloo ,
One has nil qualms regarding disparaging comments about the "gender-ambiguous" leader cough. . . cough. . of these otherwise fair isles.
One has occasionally discussed an effective and practical solution for years, 400 yds and a clear line of sight. ;)

Regrettably, as with all temporary institutions, one may be delivered of a recourse 'with extreme prejudice' by imminent elections.
Ah, well, no-one would sponsor the cost of the round, anyway. :hmm:

iceblock
6th Sep 2005, 05:30
DirtyPierre

The best possible outcome, the Wallabies lost by 10 points, but scored more tries than the ABs. At least we could claim the moral victory and still shut out the Yarpies from winnning the series.

You can't count mate, I'll send you the tape.

It was four tries a piece. No moral victory...

It's hard to keep up the intensity when your 20 - 5 at half time and the opposition Captain keeps fussing over what he should wear.

Wanted to Sell: Aussie trophy cabinets. Surplus to requirements.

TopTup
6th Sep 2005, 05:40
Nosegear, you're an idiot. I give up. Read my posts, then yours. Yes I called them "citizens" of their own countries, Samoan, Tongan, Fijian, etc.... It is mind numbing reasoning with you! No contradiction there dopey. Part of reading encorporates COMPRHENSION!

Also, it shows a lack of wit to repeat a joke (the slow typing thing) that has been used on you. Like I said, a simple nation of simple inhabitants!

Now kiwiboy, sit your 'cuz or 'bro down (nosegear), cook him some iggs and explain things to him. You at least seem to get my point.... And mate, I agree with you that many of the ABs of other than NZ birth nationality, but who are NZ CITIZENS now (!!!), are more genuine perhaps than Rathbone, etc. I think the best the IRB can do is to impose the 1 year of citizenship and residency rule. Caucau was begged to be an AB only about 3 months before the last WRC. That to me is not playing on a level playing field... but is the way it is and not too many people know or acknowledge it. That's all I wanted to highlight in this fun exchange.

Interchange rule, do away with it - but it won't happen. Here's another one for you kiwiboy (nosegear - stay away from this 'cuz as it might involve more reading and then that comprehension thing): the rucking rule. I rucked the buggery out of a guy who was deliberatley lying over the ball, not rolling away and I got penalised! I've been playing for 20 years, professionaly in the UK for 4 years and all soughts here in Oz (doesn't count for crud anymore...) and never did I think that this great game was turning soft. The IRB, I found out after talking to the ref after the game, passed that rucking, unless it is for and on the ball only, has been outlawed! As a kiwi who enjoys (I hope) a good, hard physical game, this is rubbish. Smart players will sacrifice a bit of skin to milk a penalty when by rights it should be a turnover. I was lucky enough to play a few games with Simon Poidevin in his last year of playing. His back was almost all scar tissue...

kiwiman
6th Sep 2005, 05:56
Agree with the Caucau comment - I wasn't happy the way he was chased by the ABs. Would love to have seen him play with the quality of player around him that the ABs would have provided but it just didn't sit right - he is as Fijian as they come.

Agree with the interchange comment as well - I don't like the concept of an impact player. If you can't last the 80 mins then the team can get the initial benefit you can provide but then the team has to carry you at the business end of the game. I think the rule was introduced because teams were taking the p*ss. Same reason lifting in the lineouts was introduced (SA was awful at flouting that rule) - although I am a fan of that change - you have to laugh at the old lineouts when you see an old match on tv.

Don't like to do it but I'll go three from three and agree with you on the rucking - best way to stop a guy from laying on your side of the ruck or being slow to roll away in the tackle is to ruck them out - do it right and they won't want to go back. No silly stuff around the head or plain stamping mind you, but good old fashioned rucking.

Poido was one of the greats for oz - hate to think what he thought of your tight five on Saturday!

iceblock
6th Sep 2005, 06:24
Poido will be having nightmares...

Scrum screwed 90 degrees and then Wallabies pushed backwards tripping over themselves. Never seen that from a Wallaby team...

Howard Hughes
6th Sep 2005, 07:10
I can see all the important bits on TV, please explain how action off the ball can result in "control of the game"?
For a start both the AB's and the Aussies both could have had at least another 2 tries each, when overlaps for no apparent reason were turned back inside into defensive traffic. On one particular occasion the AB's had a 3 man overlap yet failed to capitalise. Apart from the first 20 mins when the Aussies played like they were from Southland, it was a very close game and could have gone either way!
Best you Aussies just admit defeat, and also admit that your national rugby and cricket sides are nowhere at the moment.

OK, OK, the aussies definately got beaten and are at an all time low, however there is only one way we can now go!!

Sadly it is the reverse for the AB's....;) Oh well, we've got 2 years to get it right for the WORLD CUP!! See you in France!!

Cheers, HH.

NoseGear
6th Sep 2005, 07:33
Toptup, you give up? Maybe you play for the Wallabies then?:E

Semantics can be lost on the boards, such as your citizen claim. I don't think our arguments are that far apart. If you re-read my post, I agree with your comment about the subs, but it won't change now. Lineouts are far better with the lifting, much cleaner, the idea always was to get your own throw. The rucking rule was changed due to the rucking that horrified the Northern Hemisphere teams whenever the ABs or Wallabys got rid of someone stupid enough to lie on their side. One incident in particular, when the ABs rucked that pommy flanker Neil Back during a tour match years ago, got one in the head and bleated to the press about going blind and what-have-you. Believe the rule came in soon thereafter. You must have been there then Tuptup? Maybe if you tried posting without these pearlers "a simple nation of simple inhabitants!" you might get more respect. If New Zealanders are a simple lot, we out-thought your team over the last few weeks, so where does that leave you mate?:rolleyes:

Nosey

DirtyPierre
6th Sep 2005, 10:04
Guys, guys, GUYS!!

Com'on guys, lets us Aussies and Kiwis stop arguing and unite against the common enemy - The English!

Gunship
6th Sep 2005, 15:15
you don't need to talk like a flower pot just cause you've got a hole in your ass.

Great one Nosegear ... :ok:

Com'on guys, lets us Aussies and Kiwis stop arguing and unite against the common enemy - The English!
You seem to forget the three - in a -row whippings you received against the Boks DirtyPierre.

England is small-fry :E

cyclicmicky
6th Sep 2005, 15:33
England is small-fry Yeah yeah yeah.................................but we are still

World Champions http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/grinning-smiley-010.gif
:} :} :E :E

TopTup
6th Sep 2005, 17:09
Welcome back Nosegear! I was beginning to think that you'd lost your sense of humour in all this! Touche over your final comment, I'll give you that.

England: the only country in the world you can get penalised for "over vigorous tackling". Trust me. It happened!!! And Neil Back!! If anyone ever needed a good shoeing for constantly infringing at the break down it was him. And yes, I was there when it happened now that you mention it with regard to him crying foul of getting his just deserves. Same as Dalaligo telling a journo all about the hookers, drugs and booze he got up to when we (I wasn't in his team but a good mate was) were at the Amsterdam 7's. My knees even worked then, and training 4 days a week was fun!

Anyway, this post has been flogged to death if the Pomms are getting involved. 2 words: Mike Catt. Now that is funny stuff! (and yes, I do know he is ex Sth African which just adds to the hillarity!!!)

Thanks for the fun. Look forward to the next chance for a bit of banter on the topic. You can see the dire state rugby is in when the Wallabies lose and England are World Champs!!!

pakeha-boy
6th Sep 2005, 17:37
mor you doughnut:p ...its a mark 2(if you please)with flames.....being a capt of a hang-glider is huge responsibiltiy....raho!!!

Shiny Side Up
6th Sep 2005, 20:59
Was wondering if anyone knew how I can watch AB rugby games in the USofA??

Google is no fecking help at all.
I have Comcast cable, but when I called them to ask, they had no clue:

ME: um its like your American football, but no pads, helmets or forward passes.
THEM: uuuhh. ummm.
ME: they have black uniforms.
THEM: uuuhhh. ummm.

Thanks, hope someone can help...

Like This - Do That
7th Sep 2005, 02:37
Line outs?

Heavens above, the old dockyard brawls have gone, but they've been replaced by auditions for "Flashdance". What happened to the separation? The bl00dy hooker stands there with ball cocked and ready to throw while the packs run around like demented Morris dancers.:yuk:

Very unbecoming ....

reynoldsno1
7th Sep 2005, 03:31
Mick Cleary (Pommy journo) had been having a go at the new haka - apparently it constitutes "offensive & threatening behaviour". So what does a ruck constitute - male bonding session?

:{

pakeha-boy
7th Sep 2005, 13:23
shiny side up.......go to www.setanta.com/Direct TV......it has all the super 14/NPC/CURRIE CUP/IRISH/ABs etc.....this is really the only place to see regular footy.....it is an add on for Direct TV,s basic package,but it is a beauty.....each game is replayed 4-5 times throughout the week ...ie if you miss it live you can still watch or record it later........hope this helps...kia kaha