PDA

View Full Version : Rotorway Fly-in, Skegness, 10/11 Sep 05

jellycopter
3rd Sep 2005, 06:46
There's going to be a bit of a fly-in at Skegness next week-end aimed at Rotorways but open to all. I know of 7 Execs comfirmed with a further 3 'possibles'. Should be opportunities for those interested to take a spin in one if so inclined.

BBQ and live band on Saturday night.

For details contact Ivan at ICB Helicopters, www.icbhelicopters.co.uk

Cheers

JJ

TheFlyingSquirrel
3rd Sep 2005, 08:11
great !! I'll bring the superglue, spanner and masking tape !!;)

KevinLonghurst
5th Sep 2005, 13:02
Anyone able to expand on this 'event', it's a hell of a car trek from Kent, so it's gotta be worth it......
Thanks

Aesir
5th Sep 2005, 13:13
With full respect for the Rotorway pilots but when I used to live in the U.S. these Rotorway fly-inīs were actually always drive-inīs :)

Maybe these machines have gotten better now so itīs possible to fly them some distance and they donīt have to be trailered to a "fly-in"?

jellycopter
5th Sep 2005, 13:34
Kevin

There's a flyer being sent out to all owners in the UK plus a few others who've shown an interest recently. PM me and I'll see if I can forward one to you. If you come along, you can have a go in my machine; no problems.

JJ

jellycopter
5th Sep 2005, 21:06
Further details available at www.rotorway.org.uk under 'News and Events'.

JJ

KevinLonghurst
10th Sep 2005, 11:48
Does anyone know what the drive from Kent (say Dartford) to Skeggy is like....time..traffic blackspots etc. ?

Many thanks

Kev

helicopter-redeye
10th Sep 2005, 12:08
About 6 hrs, blackspots moist of the way from QE2 bridge to Skeggy via A11 and the Eastern Route.

KevinLonghurst
10th Sep 2005, 12:17
Sheeite !...serously ?

helicopter-redeye
10th Sep 2005, 17:06
Skegness is not an accessible place by road (or rail). As M. "Embrassezmonécureuil" observed, it's quicker by air.

If you are going to drive, go up the A1 then cross country from Newark. But take tea and sandwiches .......

h-r:)