PDA

View Full Version : Another Fine SAA Employee ??

B Sousa
3rd Sep 2005, 05:43
From another forum:

Flight Attendant arrested at Perth International
Flight attendant arrested on drug charge

11:46 AEST Sat Sep 3 2005

AAP

A South African flight attendant has been caught allegedly trying to smuggle cocaine into Australia in a document folder at Perth International Airport.

The 26-year-old South African Airways steward was stopped by Customs on Thursday coming off a flight from Johannesburg.

A baggage search revealed he was carrying a leather-bound document holder which appeared to have a concealment on either side.

Inside the secret compartments customs officers allegedly found an estimated 1kg of cocaine.

The Australian Federal Police charged the man late on Friday with importing and possessing a prohibited import, which carries a fine of up to $550,000 and/or 25 years jail.

He is expected to appear in Perth Local Court.

AFP national manager of border and international investigations Mike Phelan said there was an increasing trend of importing smaller amounts of cocaine through individual couriers or through the post.

Customs said it was the second arrest of a flight attendant at Perth Airport in the past 12 months.

A South African steward was caught with more than $5 million worth of heroin at the same airport in August last year.

©AAP 2005

Latent Heat
3rd Sep 2005, 05:59
Can you imagine trying to walk past customs officers with a KG of snuff tucked away in the bag??? Surely it must be easy spotting someone...sweating bullets....

I can only wonder what these people get in their hind pocket for attemting to smuggle prohibited imports???

I cant take much for someone thats on the SAA payroll.

Fines up to $550,000 or 25 years in the chooky - just not worth it!!!

B Sousa
3rd Sep 2005, 06:10
For every one that gets caught ten get through and contrary to what folks believe, there is a bit of profit involved........If your not the tenth person.

It didnt say it was SAA, just suspected. Im sure someone will clarify this to save SAA's impecable reputation.

By the way LH, A friend from the GP sends his regards, you have made his favorite son list........after your degrees he mentioned you can add LGA......

Gunship
3rd Sep 2005, 09:42
Here we go : News 24 Headlines

Sydney - A South African flight attendant appeared in an Australia court on Saturday on smuggling charges after 1kg of cocaine was found hidden in his luggage, news reports said on Saturday.

:} Abdengo Morema Serane, :} 26, arrived at Perth airport on a flight from Johannesburg on Thursday.

The charge of importing and possessing a prohibited import carries a fine of up to 550,000 Australian dollars ($418 000) and 25 years in jail.

It was the second arrest of a South African flight attendant at Perth Airport in the past 13 months. In August 2004 a man was held after heroin with a street value of five million Australian dollars was found in his luggage. - Sapa-dpa

Link (http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_1764574,00.html)

B Sousa
3rd Sep 2005, 19:09
Guns you have that subtle way of getting your point across.........Ha Ha.

V1 Rotate
4th Sep 2005, 01:00
Anybody know what sentence they gave to the previous clown?
V1:8 :8

Gunship
4th Sep 2005, 09:12
Guns you have that subtle way of getting your point across.........Ha Ha.

Nobody else is as clever as you ... you see how goood we can make American's adapted to Africa :E

praenoscere
5th Sep 2005, 10:50
:} :} The esteemed employee of SAA fits the demographic requirements of our goverment and that of the majority of the SA jail population to the tee ;) ;)

taresa_green
7th Sep 2005, 05:29
sounds like they will get of lighter then they do when you get caught in Bali:\
maybe we should do the same:confused:

kq777
8th Sep 2005, 19:00
He could chuck the "corby defence" , it wasnt mine!!!!!

sounds like they will get of lighter then they do when you get caught in Bali

This guy is an idiot trying to sneak past aussie customs. How do drugs get into Oz anyway ???? The ports & airports "seem" secure.

p.s Gun........your innuendo is sickening

B Sousa
8th Sep 2005, 19:03
p.s Gun........your innuendo is sickening

I love it Guns , when someone takes the heat off of me..........

cavortingcheetah
8th Sep 2005, 20:33
:hmm:

When I was a younger man, Zahir Shah ruled in Afghanistan I drove there in a Landrover from England.
I ended up in Capetown, but that's another story.
In Kabul, in those days, you could have a spare tyre or a second battery made out of fabulous quality hashish and stowed in your 4x4. Of course, if the hash tyre was mounted on the bonnet, it intoxicated everyone for miles around with the fumes in the midday sun.
But that is another story as well.
Only a fool tried to take the fake article through to Peshawar and Rawalpindi- was it Flashman's in Rawalpindi and Faletti's in Lahore?
The government of Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq hanged you for it, if they caught you.
Only an idiot would take it backwards to Mashad. Mohammad Reza Pahlavi's frontier guards would simply perform a summary execution.
In between lurked, in manifest presence, the war tribes of the Khyber Pass, a bad and murky lot! Not nothing. Not Nohow!
I find it a matter of slight incredulity that there are couriers who will attempt to navigate, what is still, almost an equally dangerous Hellespont.
Frankly, I would have thought that a little training to achieve a satisfactory status as an international hit man, whilst taking a tiny bit longer to amass a fortune, would have been a significantly safer career path.:cool:

ou Trek dronkie
8th Sep 2005, 21:37
You know guys, sorry, this item is simply not news.

I remember being told of plenty Spoories pantry pilots being nabbed at LHR in the 60s for taking in recreational pilletjies (sp ?).

At the same time, I recall PIA wallahs being scragged for serious quantities of same in their (”inviolable”) headgear. Mount Royal hotel of infamous memory. Talk about Randburg Renaissance (= beehive).

“Plus ca change …” (The more things change, the more they stay the same).

Gunnnzzz sit n die gemors (nog ‘n keer) Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha! Ha!

Sorreee man

CC Lovely story, but who on earth would take “fabulous quality hashish” to Cape Town anyway ???

objectionable Turbaned droggie

cavortingcheetah
8th Sep 2005, 22:02
:D oTd.
Long time. nice to hear your voice.
Hope all is well with you.
regards.cc

ou Trek dronkie
8th Sep 2005, 22:23
Your PM message box is full man. Must be full of messages from admirers.

oTd

cavortingcheetah
9th Sep 2005, 04:21
:D I am a bit of a computer DoDo. I am sorry. Box should now be empty of post from aspirant acolytes.!:O