PDA

View Full Version : UK Police Air Support Unit visits

Rotor Nut
17th Jul 2001, 02:59
I promised to update on the West Yorkshire Police Air Support Unit visit.....

Well, special thanks to FLIR for keeping in touch and the invitation to visit Carr Gate on Monday evening. I had chance to compare the Bolkow BO105 to the MD902. Nice though the BO105 is, the MD902 just stands out as one of the most special helicopters I have ever seen. It is so well designed and fit for the job, but a good looker too. Its array of safety features and automatic functions allow the pilot to concentrate more on the task in hand. The cabin is spacious, control panel layout efficient and outside visibility excellent.

I never realised the MD902 was quite so big - and its so quiet too - that should keep the natives happy. Didn't catch the guys name but many thanks to him for the cups of tea and thanks to FLIR for the welcome and guided tour around both machines - handy too that a job beckoned so I could witness a startup and lift. Superb lift I might add too!!

Come on Steve A, give these guys some credit - FLIR took the time (with numerous phone calls and emails) to ensure that I got my visit......

:D

FLIR
20th Jul 2001, 01:39
Rotor nut,

Thanks a bunch - I will thank gary the tea maker on your behalf. Keep in touch.

FLIR

md 600 driver
24th Jul 2001, 01:56
flir

how can i arrange a visit to carr gate please