PDA

View Full Version : How convenient

BRUpax
2nd Sep 2005, 14:59
01SEP BA1782 RJ100 BHX-DUS cancelled 75 mins prior departure.

Pax transfered to BA1784, an EMB-145 leaving 3 hours later. Pax total for the combined flights = 48, a nice load for a 145.

How convenient. :E

Globaliser
2nd Sep 2005, 15:46
BRUpax: How convenient.Won't this be long enough to trigger EU compensation for the pax on the canx flight? If so, not a very economic form of cynicism, then.

BRUpax
2nd Sep 2005, 18:16
Globaliser , under the new EU regulations this cancellation probably only cost BA the price of refreshments for 16 or so pax because an alternative flight was offered within three hours. Most of those pax wouldn't bother to go through the procedure for compensation. And even if they did, say (incl the return load) 40 x 250 Euros is a lot more economical than flying an RJ-100 to DUS and back with a less than 20% overall load factor (most of which were probably budget fares).

apaddyinuk
2nd Sep 2005, 19:34
Remember, this is BACX and not BA mainline!

BRUpax
2nd Sep 2005, 19:57
I appreciate that apaddyinuk , but to the pax it's marketed and sold as a BA flight and is identified as such.

zed3
2nd Sep 2005, 21:25
Had the same thing with BAW from Manchester to Dusseldorf a couple of months ago . The 1630 was cancelled 30 mins before dep and I flew at 1930 . Load factor was also low from what I could see . They should not be allowed to advertise full service flights with this sort of treatment but then how does one prove the point ?

BRUpax
2nd Sep 2005, 21:36
By the way, this is not BA bashing. I've had it with SN Brussels too. With both carriers it tends to occur on what are predominently business routes in the "quiet" Summer periods. Why not just reduce the frequencies in advance as they do in the Christmas period?

apaddyinuk
3rd Sep 2005, 11:27
But Brupax, it doesnt "tend" to occur that often at all with BA! Was it perhaps the day ATC failed last week when BA merged a lot of flights in order to save the days operation, perhaps something else occured that day that required them to do it? Its not always as black and white as it seems to be!

Final 3 Greens
3rd Sep 2005, 13:11
BRUpax

So you are wrong again.

Just as wrong as when BA wouldn't take your UK credit card for travel booked in another country, IIRC ;)

BRUpax
3rd Sep 2005, 16:55
Paddy , I included the date in my original (evil) post. There was no ATC action or ATC failures on that day I can assure you. If you were from the BHX base you would know what actually happened. We'll leave it at that. ;)

"Roger", on that Final 3 Greens ;) By the way, they do now, finally.

Globaliser
5th Sep 2005, 11:49
BRUpax: Globaliser , under the new EU regulations this cancellation probably only cost BA the price of refreshments for 16 or so pax because an alternative flight was offered within three hours. Most of those pax wouldn't bother to go through the procedure for compensation. And even if they did, say (incl the return load) 40 x 250 Euros is a lot more economical than flying an RJ-100 to DUS and back with a less than 20% overall load factor (most of which were probably budget fares).A 2-hour delay after a cancelled flight is enough to trigger EU cash compensation. Because the route is under 1500 km, you get the full amount at 2 hours (ie the 50% reduction under Article 7(2) does not apply).

The economics of the actual operation I will have to leave to others.