PDA

View Full Version : No Justice for the Poor

TheFlyingSquirrel
2nd Sep 2005, 14:09
New Orleans and the Iraq bridge distaster shows one commonality - there's no worldwide justice for the poor and there never will be.

Paterbrat
2nd Sep 2005, 16:44
Pretty black way of looking at things aviating rodent, I don't quite follow, elaborate if you would be so kind.

BOFH
2nd Sep 2005, 18:48
Have you forgotten the Kobe earthquake?

BOFH

BlueEagle
3rd Sep 2005, 11:17
Hadn't realised that all the people on the bridge in Iraq were poor, just thought they were pilgrims?:confused:

captain cumulonimbus
3rd Sep 2005, 11:33
good point.i think they are third world,but not all third worlders are poor...look at the australians.:}

cavortingcheetah
3rd Sep 2005, 11:46
:p
Paterbrat puts it perfectly in his first clause.

The answer however, lies not so much in justice for the poor as in the provision of enough free money for them no longer to be so. ( In this case, rich enough to buy a car and leave the city).

Interesting to note that whilst they dehydrate in New Orleans the first wine festival takes place in Soweto. There's a difference in the philosophy of ghetto management by those who live there which can provide subtle benefits :eek:

Lon More
3rd Sep 2005, 12:06
Seems life isn't going to get better for them either. There was a warning of the statistical probability of a disaster on the scale of Katrina - and the chance of worse to come - some time ago. Also mentioned was the probability of a huge earthquake in California; add the eventuality of Tenerife sliding into the ocean and it's definitely not a good time to be poor in the coastal regions of the USA.

BTW Dubbya's "attitude" doesn't surprise me. After all the classes most affected are not his most avid supporters